SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 >
Topic Options
#183218 - 10/04/03 10:24 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
ailev Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
dominik,
thanks for your kind wish to sell to me one Mediastation directly to Moscow. Here in Moscow in music shops are present all top models of arrangers (Genesys, Yamaha, Technics, Roland, Korg) exept Ketron SD-1.

But Benno not answered my questions -- he simply refer to free software "all is possible" mantra. Yes, it is all possible to code in open platforms: but what you already coded and what I must to code by myself to provide music rendering with style morphing and karma-like functions? Nor Benno neither you even touch this arranger-specific topics, only general words about Linux/opensource blah-blah-blah in agressive marketing style. I know sufficient about Linux and free software, I want to know what you development effort can add to arrangers technology not in far fuzzy future but today or tomorrow. E.g. tell me, what new music technology (not computer technology! namely music technology) concepts you team incorporated in mediastation. 5000 standard styles -- this is not new technology. Music rendering (inserting nuances sinchronized among several tracks) -- is it here? Or it is standard style player that not render styles but only dump play it as exact midi?

Why you will be negotiating only with VSTi-makers? Why not with KarmaLab (or even MusicLab or Jasminemusic -- commercial rendering leaders)? But there are theoretical difficultes -- KarmaLab have performance time rendering technology, and MusicLab and Jasminemusic have only sequence-editing time rendering technology.

To your "open source" claim. What will be provided in CVS (all software or not all and under what license -- GPL, LGPL, Artistic Soft etc. -- it will be)and in what timing? Where I can see DevelopmentRoadmap -- to join development? And tell me that documentation to style module will be later -- and I can't start to develope alternative style rendering module by myself immideately, but only in never coming future when CVS and documentation will be in place

I will be waiting for your answers -- may be here at arranger forum, may be later at your new website.

And I am think about small investing project: to add some chunks of music learning software to your Mediastation and became VAR of such "music learning Mediastation" here in Moscow. Other keyboards can't accomplish this project right now.

Best regards,
ailev

#183219 - 10/06/03 12:25 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
jolier Offline

Loc: na
Quote:
Originally posted by domenik:
Hi all guys..
I like know what you think about the new Lionstracs Mediastation X-76.
I know in real this keyboard, but i like what people worldwide think about it.

Let me know
Domenik

[This message has been edited by domenik (edited 10-04-2003).]

-----

Hello Mediastation X-76 team,
Few questions here:

1.) Why not XG midi voice compatible, only
GM/GS ! XG gives much more control options and much more better voices than GM/GS !

2.) how about PRESET VOICES, how many and which voices/voice banks there would be pre-installed (anything like in other arranger keyboards, ie. like Solton, Yamaha, etc) ?

3.) how about STYLES, how many and which styles would be pre-installed (same question like above, ie. versus Solton, Yamaha) ?

4.) any up/down - programmable arpeggiator, and if yes, what kinds and exist there any presets ?

5.) how about accompaniment/rhytm section ?
and how about INTROs, FILL-INS/OUTS, BREAKS,
VARIATIONS, RITTANDO, ETC... rhythm section thingys - ie. how many per each type, etc ?
How about that, if there are those - at least - 8 simultaneous controllable and editable accompaniment tracks like those Solton and Yamaha has ?

6.) those MODULATION and PITCH BEND wheels -controllers are positioned too high on the
panel's surface.
Better place for them would be on the bottom left side (of contoller's panel surface) =>
better ergonome then.

7.) Why not 10" TFT screen right away ?

8.) exist there SIMULTANEOUS RIGHT1, RIGHT 2 (possible Right 3), LEFT, DRUMS,PERCUSSIONS,
PHRASES, PADS, etc... voices (16 visible and
playable at the same time => like Solton, Yamaha, etc...) and are they controllable/
editable, soloing, mute, etc... by those hardware sliders ? and if yes, are they controllable during live playing ?

9.) that dial wheel (on right side of the
screen) should exist flatter/thinner because it would be much better looking then (now it is so high). Diameter is OK, I'll think.

10.) Some1 wrote about those Cubase VST/SX sequensers, Kontakt/Halion samplers, etc...
Windows apps. Well, indeed that ability to run Lindows & Windows apps would be truly nice indeed, but I guess it may exist very
difficult task indeed.

#183220 - 10/06/03 12:40 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
jolier Offline

Sorry, I forgot ask about these ones !

11.) Why each keyboards seems to be only 16 multitimbral ??? Why not 32 or 48 or even
64 ??? How it is with the mediastation X-76 Pro ?

12.) Is it possible put there 48 tracks sequencer which you could split to f.ex.
like 3 x 16 tracks, or 2 x 24 tracks, or
1 x 16 tracks + 1 x 32 tracks.
Further, you could trigger them by other
sequencer/by some keyboard putton ???
Maybe it would be then little a bit similar like Korg Triton has (actually, I don't know how Korg's two independent sequencers works)?

Quote:
Originally posted by jolier:
-----

Few questions here:

GM/GS ! XG gives much more control options and much more better voices than GM/GS !

2.) how about PRESET VOICES, how many and which voices/voice banks there would be pre-installed (anything like in other arranger keyboards, ie. like Solton, Yamaha, etc) ?

3.) how about STYLES, how many and which styles would be pre-installed (same question like above, ie. versus Solton, Yamaha) ?

4.) any up/down - programmable arpeggiator, and if yes, what kinds and exist there any presets ?

VARIATIONS, RITTANDO, ETC... rhythm section thingys - ie. how many per each type, etc ?
How about that, if there are those - at least - 8 simultaneous controllable and editable accompaniment tracks like those Solton and Yamaha has ?

6.) those MODULATION and PITCH BEND wheels -controllers are positioned too high on the
panel's surface.
Better place for them would be on the bottom left side (of contoller's panel surface) =>
better ergonome then.

8.) exist there SIMULTANEOUS RIGHT1, RIGHT 2 (possible Right 3), LEFT, DRUMS,PERCUSSIONS,
playable at the same time => like Solton, Yamaha, etc...) and are they controllable/
editable, soloing, mute, etc... by those hardware sliders ? and if yes, are they controllable during live playing ?

screen) should exist flatter/thinner because it would be much better looking then (now it is so high). Diameter is OK, I'll think.

10.) Some1 wrote about those Cubase VST/SX sequensers, Kontakt/Halion samplers, etc...
Windows apps. Well, indeed that ability to run Lindows & Windows apps would be truly nice indeed, but I guess it may exist very
difficult task indeed.

#183221 - 10/07/03 11:18 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Jolier, I try to reply to your question..I dont have always so much time to come here why we are working in the debugs..
Quote:
-----

Few questions here:

Well, the first release coming out with GM/GS database, made with MySql.After this database, we can duplicate it and editing all the parameters with XG protocoll. This need a lot time why are to much parameters! ( maybe you can edit for us...LOL)

There are about 948 GM/GS sound standrard plus about 200 new High quality Solist instruments.The bank now is about 60Mb binary file, but is editable UP 256Mb SOUND Bank. It mean about 4 time bigger than now..
Soon is available the sound list, when the new portal is ready.

Installed are about 100, but you can buy the EMC style converter and loading all the styles that you want, from every keyboards available in the EMC style converter.
Step by step, we will programming new styles too and they we put in the server free.

We usa the SEQ24 sequencer edited for our application by Rob Buse. It is working like the arranger, then you can editing ANY king of arpeggiator, like a presets in file mode.

Our arranger is 16 traks, 16 pattern, 4 layer, 16 realtime volumes, 16 real time MUTE/SOLO, 16 DRUMS note MUTE in realtime.
You have the 16 key's for the patterns and 8+8 slider + mute functions. Full editing with event list and Piano roll
Go there for see the SEQ24 base specificaton: http://www.filter24.org/seq24

panel's surface.
better ergonome then.
Yes, we know really well, the down space we need for made some stuff more.... I can't now tell you..Anyway we can't move it in a different position...ALL calculate!

Why the 10" is to big and the the mediastation will to deep, like EKO...you like have a keyboard or a 747 plane?? And then where you can find a flight case??

Yes, all controllable during live, 8 layer sound tone, like a master keyboard.

I know, but DJ like in this way and not thin, I'm sorry.

difficult task indeed.

Yep, for this first step we will use Red Hat 9 why is much stable, more of this question ask in benno, I'm not the Linux software engineer
Domenico

#183222 - 10/07/03 11:26 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Sorry, I forgot ask about these ones !

Ok...

11.) Why each keyboards seems to be only 16 multitimbral ??? Why not 32 or 48 or even
64 ??? How it is with the mediastation X-76 Pro ?
mediastation is 224 midi channels multitimbral, we have 14 indipendent MIDI OUT!! Mediastation Pro have the same outputs installed, plus the 2 wavetable, it mean 512 VOICE standard Hardware by SAM9708 installed! Totally 4 processor DSP 128 VOICE Indipendent! Is not enough? Ok... add all the Softsynth voices... Not enough? waiting till exit AMD 64 bit... the you get minimal 1400 softsynth voice more..about for a total of 2000 Voices....is not enough??

12.) Is it possible put there 48 tracks sequencer which you could split to f.ex.
like 3 x 16 tracks, or 2 x 24 tracks, or
1 x 16 tracks + 1 x 32 tracks.
Further, you could trigger them by other
sequencer/by some keyboard putton ???
Maybe it would be then little a bit similar like Korg Triton has (actually, I don't know how Korg's two independent sequencers works)?
We use the MUSE sequencer edited for our application, no limits of tracks...http://muse.seh.de/

Now let me know which keyboard can give you this performance and all the software Upgrade FREE.... think about...

domenik

[This message has been edited by domenik (edited 10-07-2003).]

#183223 - 10/07/03 12:42 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
jolier Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by domenik:

-----

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY SIR,
Sorry if you read my messages as complains etc... It wasn't. I only asked, that I'll
get full imagine that what kind thingys it
can do when compared to those "current" arranger keyboards. Well, indeed VERY GOOD
specs ! Well, well, ADM 64 - can we change
that motherboard and cpu when AMD 64 comes
out (and naturally when there exist software
for that 64 bit enviroment) !!!???

Thanks once more - and absolutely no any claims nor complains in my messages. Sorry,
if you thought so.

Best Regards/jolier

#183224 - 10/07/03 02:15 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jolier:
[b] -----

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY SIR,
Sorry if you read my messages as complains etc...
Hi Jolier
don't worry, my reply was only a normally reply and a little ironic too... why we know that nobody and company can now compare with us. If you think different, let me know who have a better keyboards features like mediastation and then we will shipping you one FREE.
Anyway we know well that we are NOT a big company like Yamaha, Roland, Korg..they sure can produce 100 times bigger than us, but they NEVER so soon can developing one keyboards like Mediastation. We are not looking for 1000 pcs production a months but only for the best keyboard.
Think about Mercedes SL5000 or Ferrari Maranello, small production but ONLY for the best people.... You can drive good with a Ford Focus or Honda too... but is the same car? You know what I mean..Anyway again, we dont have fear for this big companyes...first they must learn HOW a keyboard can give in output 116dB dynamic range, then MAYBE can try to use Linux...
About the AMD 64bit....only the mainboard and CPU to change, Linix is ALREADY working with 64bit, our application are only controls engine that can run in every CPU..

#183225 - 10/07/03 09:58 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
ailev Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
domenik,

> who have a better keyboards features like mediastation and then we will shipping you one FREE.

I need not FREE mediastation and I know that you developing great keyboard. But I can point to you at least one keyboard feature that you missing (at least now): karma function that present at Korg Karma. I mean not karma function namely, but any similar performance time feature. In arranger it should be applied not only to solo parts, but alsou to any track of style variation.

Then: performance-time style morphing like Roland VA-76 with BASS, DRUMS, and ACCOMPANIMENTS track grouppings.

And so on

domenik, I truly appreciate you effort, but you can be more clear in your intentions. Some musicians need 116dB dinamic range, but some musicians need new arranger function architecture (even not EMC-compatible

I beleve that you team can afford with this if you present your mediastation as truly open platform. Then features I mentioned will be developing in month -- may be not by your team but by third party developers or free software community.

Best wishes and thank you in advance,
ailev

#183226 - 10/07/03 11:57 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
elle Offline

Hi Domenik,

I think Alliev reflects well what has been the overall tone of several comments: you are taking the correct route to 'real innovation', but your attempt is still immature and overly focussed on the hardware and lower level software.

What's lacking (also from your pre-sales pitch) is the 'muscial' integration of it all. This in itself is quite natural given the stage in which your development is, but I would hate to see a good idea fail just because it was put on the market too soon.

This forum drives foremost on 'muscians'. Technology is very important to us but ONLY if it serves our ability to produce better music;

That being said, it should be clear from the frenzy of this thread that you have got everybody's attention; Just don't release your product too soon. And certainly not at the pricepoint of $6000.

In the application front, I still miss a software sampler (player), disk streaming if possible. I know that this is an issue within the Linux Audio community, but you might want to fuel developments in this area; Combined with your style player this should rock;

Oh, and please change the interface of the style player. It's not up to par with your other software.

My Conclusion: Good work! Maybe hire a couple of musicians...In fact why don't you offer a couple of the hotshots on this forum the chance to "test" & "audit" your prototypes. If your claims are found to be correct. if it works out, that should really fuel your (future) sales.

Ciao,

ellle

#183227 - 10/08/03 08:08 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
I fully agree with 'elle' that you shouldn't rush your product to market without extensive and exhaustive testing. Another thing is; if you want the world to know about your product why not showcase it at next years Winter NAMM in Anaheim, CA. January 15th-18th 2004? And if you do show it at NAMM at the very least give a video demonstration of the Lionstracs MediaStation and put it through its paces, ie., "actually play it" to let people know how it sounds and demonstate its features to give the possible buying public knowledge as to what it can and "can't" do. I noticed on your web site that even though you have been on the Web since February of this year you still don't have an 'audio' demo of your product? What does that tell me if I can't hear what it sounds like??? Trying to sell the Lionstracs MediaStation without first promoting it through various avenues of mainstream Music Media publications, conventions, and other music media venues will only only tend to hamper the development, implementation, presence, and recognition of your product. Take the eKo for example. Even though they 'were' at NAMM they DID NOT play the eKo for the public and because of it lost potential customer's interest exponentially. And now look at eKo-Labs. They are basically hanging by a thread and I predict will eventually fold for good. So much for innovation, huh? Without product presence and 'full' knowledge of what the product is about and what it can do by way of intricate and full "demonstration", etc., your product will probably never get off the ground and at the very least not reach the sales you expect to achieve because of lack of understanding by the public of what your product is about and what it can do.

Your concept is good. Your enthusiasm is right up where it should be. But now is the time to do 'thorough' testing and re-testing. Don't let the hype of your product exceed your expertise and implementation of the product itself to a savvy Music/Technology aware public. Showcase the product 'before' you release it. Let the buying public know "beforehand" what the Lionstracs MediaStation is 'all' about. Or are you not doing that because you want to hide something? Or for fear that your product would otherwise not be accepted if you did do that? "Open Source" is more than just Software. Lay it all on the table for the world to see. That is my recommendation. Then if your product is all it's cracked up to be - then and only then will the Music World take notice and then and only then will you 'perhaps' start to sell in volume.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 10-08-2003).]

Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online