SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#183182 - 06/20/02 06:37 AM SynthZone on tour !!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I think tonight is the night that Tom Cavanaugh makes his "East Coast" run to NYC, South Jersey(Dnj) and Central Jersey(UD) !
He plans to catch Donny at his dance club, early - then shoot up to Trenton to visit his favorite (though estranged) Uncle at his weekly nightclub spot ! Whoo-hoo !

#183183 - 06/20/02 01:53 PM Re: SynthZone on tour !!!!!
Dnj Offline

Hope to see Tom and family tonight also. Should be fun, more to follow l8tr.

Donny

#183184 - 06/20/02 03:29 PM Re: SynthZone on tour !!!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Donny, I didn't let you down in your request to post pics of our recent Northern California West Coast division Synthzone get together last week, so I 'expect' you guys to take & post pics of your East Coast division get together with Tom Cavanaugh and friends as well. We all can't wait to see the pics ! - Scott

#183185 - 06/20/02 10:44 PM Re: SynthZone on tour !!!!!
Dnj Offline

Hi,

Scott I won't let you down either. Tom and his lovely wife Pat finaly made it to my Dance club last night in NJ. They got there early enough before I went on stage to talk for a while and take some pics before and while I was peforming. It was so nice to meet them and put a face on someone you only know on the internet. We talked shop and I went on stage and played and sang everything I could think of to show Tom how great the PSR9000 can sound live. We had a fun time.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-20-2002).]

#183186 - 06/20/02 10:59 PM Re: SynthZone on tour !!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Tom & Pat made it up to my place after they left Donny's club tonight ! I was on my SEVENTH set - I started at 4:00 this afternoon at a big party for the Chamber of Commerce of NJ - then right to the club for another 4 hours .... I was fried.
Then, the Cavanaughs walked in ! I remembered Tom's face from an earlier posting and introduced him to the room right away - The place was really jumping earlier, but was justr starting to wind down when they got there. There were lots of my regulars sittin' in, so I put Tom at the helm of the PA80 and set him loose on the Trenton crowd ... he did a great job!
(was there any doubt??? )

The night went very well - we took a few pictures, sand a few songs, had a few laffs - then Tom & Pat had to scoot to their hotel in Princeton for an early departure back home. It sounds like they had a great "tour" of New York City and the burbs around - nice people too.

So .... Tom - let's hear about the trip ??? What was the coolest part? The FREE ride on the ferry ? The food at Donny's place ? The drunks at my place ? Do tell !!!!!!!!

#183187 - 06/20/02 11:10 PM Re: SynthZone on tour !!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

PS:
When Tom got to the club - I was in the middle of a massive "Oldies" thing and I was playing a bunch of my custom audio files that I made YEARS ago with my Roland E86 and the Digitech harmonizer. I recorded 5 part vocal backings(my voice) over a sparse keyboard track so there was room to "play over it" either on piano or guitar.
I remember doing a Beach Boys Medley, In the still of the night, and Morse code of Love .... the night was so long .... i don't remember if I played them while Tom was there, or at the earlier party - it's starting to blurrrrrr......... (yawn)

That's it for me - g'nite all !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online