SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#182643 - 01/31/02 07:27 AM How do you add a crash to the end of the fill on 9000 PRO?
keoman Offline

Loc: Ft.Worth, TX (USA)
Last night I spent couple hours how to add a crash to the end of the fill. Some how it's always start at the beginning of the measure.
I'm so frustrated, please help me out guy's.
I have a gigs comming up soon.

#182644 - 01/31/02 09:45 AM Re: How do you add a crash to the end of the fill on 9000 PRO?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only way I can think of is to use the multi-pads..not real convenient, but you can stick a crash in where ever you want.

#182645 - 01/31/02 03:46 PM Re: How do you add a crash to the end of the fill on 9000 PRO?
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
I do not own a PSR 9000, but I have used PSR 510. If the OS is similar (the way YAMAHA do it) it might work for you.

Hit the crash toward the end of the fill; i.e. wait past the last beat of the measure and hit the crash a split second before the first beat of the fill. Then quantize. (I do this before recording the instruments that should not be quantized.) The quantization process will move the hit toward the first beat but from behind and hence it won't be played until the end of the measure.

The two diagrams shows what happens when you hit the crash just before and just after the 1st beat. Though they end up on the same beat, depending on the OS design, they might behave differently.

(HTML screwed up the diagram and I deleted it. I'll try to email that to you)

Hope this will work on your PSR too.

Shiral

[This message has been edited by shiral (edited 01-31-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online