SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1826 - 11/20/05 09:09 AM how to make a talkbox!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello everyone! first go grab the stuff youll need which are... 8-10-or 12" woofer... a long piece of soft plastic tube between 1/2"-1" dia.... two buckets or bowls around the same diameter of the woofer... some old clothes ... some duct tape, and some wire....ok, think im crazy? I love the talkbox and roger! I didn't have any money for a talkbox so i made one, and it works PERFECT! I got me a junkie no-name 8" subwoofer placed it into a plastic bucket about the same diameter for a snug fit, made sure i connected wires to the terminals and ran them out of the bucket before installing the speaker into it, then i found another bucket(or bowl)about the same diameter and placed it directly on top of the woofer so it looks like just two buckets placed together... then i duct taped them together until i ran out of tape, then i found more tape and taped them more, for more sound deadening! after that i poked a hole in the middle of the top bucket and squeezed in a 3/4" floppy plastic tube, then i ran and got an old guitar amp, disconnected the speaker in it,and hooked it up to my 8" subwoofer bucket contraption instead... then i hooked up my old school casiotone mt-70 to the amp, when i hit the keys, most of the sound was coming out of the tube, so i needed more tape, the more the better, then i took a little wastebasket and put some t-shirts in it, then my "talkbox", then more clothes, then wrapped a blanket around the whole thing until no sound was coming from the "talkbox" other than from the tube... im tellin ya, its great, i will send ya an mp3 if ya email me, or if ya need a diagram, i love it so much i want other people to enjoy it too! plus its original, no two could sound the same, isnt that what ya want?

#1827 - 11/20/05 12:36 PM Re: how to make a talkbox!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

First, let me way that you have way too much time on your hands. lol

Second, I did a similar thing back in the late 70's using a Pignose amp, a funnel and some plastic tubing. It worked quite well. Actually I still have it though I haven't had the desire to get funkified lately.

Seriously, it took a lot of ingenuity to put together your custom Talk Bucket. Have fun with it!

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online