SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#182415 - 05/18/03 11:37 AM Ketron Style confusion ??? I think so .......Sd1 user's
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
If a SD1 owner calls up a style that Ketron has stored on the hard drive (18 styles when pulled out of the box) , all the styles have .snd files that load and attach to the style . When the XD9 was released , all the SD1 users wanted to have the XD9 styles that were different from their SD1.
I believe that the French Ketron forum was sending XD9 styles for SD1 users . I tried the XD9 styles on my SD1 and they ( the xd9 styles) did not sound complete . SD1 owners who have these XD9 styles , do not have the real styles unless they have snd files attached .
If you are a SD1 owner and copied the styles onto a floppy disk ,if it's more than 5 styles , you should check out the new SD1 library that is listed on Ketron's website . More Confusion ???? YES ..... the XD9 styles that went out on the internet have the same titles the same as the "NEW" styles listed on Ketron's website . So ............my goal is to let SD1 owners know that if you have "XD9 styles" for your SD1 , they have to have .snd files attached to make them sound like the style's were designed to sound like .

That's it .......

Dano

------------------
Keyboard City
1826 E.Joppa Rd.
Towson Md. 21234
410 665-MIDI (6434)
keyboardcity@yahoo.com
www.keyboardcity.net

#182416 - 05/18/03 09:53 PM Re: Ketron Style confusion ??? I think so .......Sd1 user's
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Not sure if I get it, Dan. All my XD9 styles have a .pat extension. Are you saying that if I put them into my laptop and manually change the extension from "pat" to "snd" they will then sound ok on the SD1?

#182417 - 05/19/03 05:05 AM Re: Ketron Style confusion ??? I think so .......Sd1 user's
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
When I use a XD9 pattern on my SD-1, the drum2 is not the good instrument. e.g. VOCAL kit instead of a DANCE kit.
But someone in the french ketron club, make the correction on this drum2 tracks, to adress the track to the good sound. I use some of XD9 style in my SD-1, and they are very very great!!

If you can send me styles who you are talking about to realvision2@wanadoo.fr, I will test. But I think, SD-1 users, dont have to buy them.

I think, in the Realase 4.0a of the SD-1, Ketron add this .snd file into the flash memory.

Now we have a lot more of Drum2 Live drum kits (I think, sames as XD9)

According to Ketron site:

"The Drum sets of Drum1 and Drum2 have aggressively been restyled with new, natural Percussion sounds and more Live Drum loops (especially for Dance and Hip Hop styles)."

"The XD Series Library's Styles can also be used for such replacement, as they too can now be automatically converted within the SD1's Master folder."

Dan.

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#182418 - 05/19/03 09:20 AM Re: Ketron Style confusion ??? I think so .......Sd1 user's
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
This is for all SD1 users .

When someone purchased an SD1 , it has 18 styles stored on the hard drive . POPDOWN1 or DANCE1 are examples . If you use these styles , a file called popdown.instr. is loaded into drum 2 of the style , which enhances the style .

The newest styles listed on Ketron's website for the SD1 , all have files attached that make them high quality styles .
Dan

#182419 - 05/20/03 05:31 AM Re: Ketron Style confusion ??? I think so .......Sd1 user's
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
yes but now, with the new OS, they added the style POPDOWN, and it sound without charging some ins file. because the popdown livre drum kit, has been added in the new OS.

(I m not very sure of what I said about the rythm)

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online