SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#182288 - 11/13/02 02:54 PM PSR2000, Using plug in switch.
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I understand that you can use the different plug-in jacks for different things. I am busy tweeking everything else yet first, but, in the meantime I'd love to hear some ideas on the following.

I automatically started using the right jack and found it didn't work like I expected. Joe Waters answered a post and said something to the effect that what I wanted to do was controlled by the left jack. ScottY mentioned in another post the same thing but said his didn't work right, thinking it was one of the first operating systems. So with all that in mind, I go to plug into the left jack and it seems to me there was some kind of sound problem, like maybe even no sound at all. (This was a while ago, and I just let it go) However, the thing that suprized me was the same male jack I was using on the right plug-in with no problem, didn't seem to fit right in the left one. It was way too tight. I wondered now what. So, I thought it unlikely being new that the prongs were bent inside. Then I wondered if something other than a standard guitar/patch 1/4" plug was needed. I was eventually going to try differnt plugs as sometimes the tip or whatever is a little different.

Anybody have a clue on this one/

Thanx

Scott Langholff

#182289 - 11/13/02 03:06 PM Re: PSR2000, Using plug in switch.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Scott,
Standard guitar-type (1/4") plug is all you need.
The left output should give you left and right sounds combined. The right should give you only the sounds that are panned toward the right. Both at once is the best way to do it--even if you are running mono.
Be aware that some cords have stereo jacks. You will see a little ring around the plug.
Inserting this type of plug half way, or not completely could give you strange results.
Also, you can use the RCA outputs, but be aware that they are "wide open". You will need to control volume from a mixer.
I usually run my keyboard in stereo, using the 1/4" outs to go into a stereo channel on my mixer.
Then, I connect my digital recorder to the RCA outputs and get a good strong signal to the recorder.
DonM

#182290 - 11/13/02 03:24 PM Re: PSR2000, Using plug in switch.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

Standard guitar-type (1/4") plug is all you need.

That's what I use.

#182291 - 11/13/02 04:00 PM Re: PSR2000, Using plug in switch.
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I think I could have worded my question better. But I am away from my keyboard right now.

What I am referring to is the plug-ins for the pedal swithches. You know for piano sustain, glide, etc.

I hope that clarifies my question and can get some ideas on this situation.

Thanx

Scott Langholff

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online