Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#181590 - 03/20/04 05:39 PM Re: Wrong Forum
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Hey loosen up Vadim. OT topic threads can happen on any forum and when it is discussion between regular contributors on that forum then that only makes sense to stay on the same forum. Even if the conversation is not directly related to Arranger Keyboards it is certainly discussion by users of Arranger Keyboards.

I must admit, I "kind of" agree with Vadim. I assume that you as the administrator are responsible for the way this forum is set up.

Family? May very well be. But in my family, we take a bath in the bathroom, eat at the dining table, watch tv in the livingroom. Because that's what they are there for. Why not use the General Arranger board for General Arranger messages, and put all the other topics and fun chitchat in the section where it belongs? Not too much to ask, I think.

And of course topics can wander off sometimes. No problem there. But when I look into the Roland section, I see that there is not too much activity there. Most Roland postings appear in the General Arranger section. Surely, you as being an administrator, should be able to "guide" such threads into the areas that you set up? That way the forum can exist as a hangout for people who got to know eachother well over the years, as well as for first-timers that come here to look for information.

Even in a family you can have some rules. Should have, maybe even.

------------------
Roland EXR-5 user - http://www.exr5.tk

#181591 - 03/20/04 06:24 PM Re: Wrong Forum
The Accordionist Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
[b]Hey loosen up Vadim. OT topic threads can happen on any forum and when it is discussion between regular contributors on that forum then that only makes sense to stay on the same forum. Even if the conversation is not directly related to Arranger Keyboards it is certainly discussion by users of Arranger Keyboards.

I must admit, I "kind of" agree with Vadim. I assume that you as the administrator are responsible for the way this forum is set up.

Family? May very well be. But in my family, we take a bath in the bathroom, eat at the dining table, watch tv in the livingroom. Because that's what they are there for. Why not use the General Arranger board for General Arranger messages, and put all the other topics and fun chitchat in the section where it belongs? Not too much to ask, I think.

And of course topics can wander off sometimes. No problem there. But when I look into the Roland section, I see that there is not too much activity there. Most Roland postings appear in the General Arranger section. Surely, you as being an administrator, should be able to "guide" such threads into the areas that you set up? That way the forum can exist as a hangout for people who got to know eachother well over the years, as well as for first-timers that come here to look for information.

Even in a family you can have some rules. Should have, maybe even.

[/B]

Got a TV in the bedroom. Have eaten in every room in my house. Have taken a bath outside in the pool (yech!) and talk about every subject at any time any where in and out of my house.

Most of your posts seem to be a bit combative Burkels. I often find myself reading them and kind of cringing because I know what will be coming in response.

Not that you're a bad guy, just that you phrase things a bit combative for my tastes.

Vadim is just more of a tool.

heh heh....

Tommy

#181592 - 03/20/04 07:05 PM Re: Wrong Forum
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
MAN, THERE AINT NOTHING WRONG WITH THE FORUM AND DONT YOUS DARE CHANGE NUTTINGS, YOUS ALL HEAR! BENNO

#181593 - 03/20/04 07:29 PM Re: Wrong Forum
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Just to validate that this topic is properly catagorized I made a new style called Lollygaggin'

Is that better?

#181594 - 03/20/04 07:48 PM Re: Wrong Forum
S0C9 Offline

Loc: NRH, TX, USA
Hmmmm,
Vadim is noticeably absent in his response.. ya'll musta scared him off !! LOL

#181595 - 03/20/04 08:13 PM Re: Wrong Forum
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
OK, Steve (SOC9), I've got an arranger question for you! When you were converting all those Triton programs for use on the Pa80 you only converted the Richard Rose (Master Malleus) #5 set; why not also #1 through #4? Did you just burn out on it; get torked off with Korg; simply decide to go do something else; or?

Just curious, and also would like to have them, hint, hint!!!!! LOL

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

[This message has been edited by Tomcat (edited 03-20-2004).]

#181596 - 03/20/04 08:43 PM Re: Wrong Forum
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
I have a question...? DO you think the sun Knows it's yellow... Or do you think it's to hot to give a damn...
Just wondering...
DJ

#181597 - 03/20/04 11:50 PM Re: Wrong Forum
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by The Accordionist:
Most of your posts seem to be a bit combative Burkels. I often find myself reading them and kind of cringing because I know what will be coming in response.

Not that you're a bad guy, just that you phrase things a bit combative for my tastes.

First of all, about your remarks about how you run your household: you know what I meant. Fine with me if everyone wants to "sit" in every "room" in this forum discussing everything they want, but then call it the "Keyboardplayers Chathouse", and don't pretend it's a well organized forum with subforums set up for every brand or subject. -That's- where I agree with Vadim.

About the combative posts: I don't think you read all of my posts. Besides that, I think you should take into consideration that the people who's first language is not English may not be capable of writing in the casual tone that you use. I don't master the subtile finesses that native speakers will have and fall back on (maybe too) formal writing. Relying on the English I know, I may 'sound' combative at times, that's all.

Hm. I read the above, and again, and again... I'm sure I will have lots of "well go somewhere else then" and "this is how we do it here", but I'll post it anyway.

Bart

------------------
Roland EXR-5 user - http://www.exr5.tk

#181598 - 03/21/04 12:03 AM Re: Wrong Forum
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
And I think this thread is now done, so I'll close it here .....

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online