SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#181545 - 09/19/05 06:55 AM Roland Showcasing G70 v2 at Caister
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All
Just got the latest Organ & Keyboard Cavalcade magazine, and in the News section it has been confirmed that Roland will be showing the New G 70 v2 keyboard at the Caister Organ & Keyboard Festival UK.
The follow up to its best selling G-70 keyboard, and which is set to get its UK Premier on Sunday 2nd October at Keyboard Cavalcades Caister festival UK.
Boasting new features, new music styles and Music Assistant registrations, and a new SR-GO1 expansion board dedicated to the G-70, Roland claims, “the G-70 v2 Music Workstation once again sets a new standard”!

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 09-19-2005).]

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 09-19-2005).]

#181546 - 09/19/05 09:13 AM Re: Roland Showcasing G70 v2 at Caister
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
The SRG-01 expansion will have audio loops and 30 new styles that take advantage of the loops themselves (OS 2.0 allows the G-70 to play audio loops in sync with the styles, a la Ketron SD1 and Korg PA1 X pro )
The expansion board will also have new sounds, drawn from the Roland library, and new drum sets.
I think (hope) that Roland is finally correcting the mistakes initially done with the first release of the G-70 and coming out with an arranger keyboard worth considering.

#181547 - 09/19/05 02:28 PM Re: Roland Showcasing G70 v2 at Caister
TresorTX Offline

Loc: Dallas, Boston, Orlando
Can you explain to me what Auido Loops are in context of an arranger workstation and live performance? Are these like acidized audio clips that can be sync'd with a style while playing?

Thanks, Russ

PSR S900
Korg PA1XPRO
Kurzweil PC3X
Logitech Z

#181548 - 09/19/05 02:54 PM Re: Roland Showcasing G70 v2 at Caister
Dreamer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TresorTX:
Can you explain to me what Auido Loops are in context of an arranger workstation and live performance? Are these like acidized audio clips that can be sync'd with a style while playing?

Thanks, Russ

Sort of... the beauty of an audio loop is that it adds a lot to the realism of a performance; just think of a jazz ballad style with a sampled loop of a brush pattern, or a latin style with a sampled loop of percussions (congas, cumbias or timbales, a la Santana).
The main reason why the Ketron SD1 is so popular is that it has a second rhytm track, made entirely of loops; this adds a lot to the realism of a style and it's also the reason why converted Ketron styles (that of course lack this second rhytm track, which is impossible to convert) sound so disappointing, played on other arrangers.

#181549 - 09/19/05 03:32 PM Re: Roland Showcasing G70 v2 at Caister
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Professionally recorded (by pro musicians) Audio Loops RULE !

I would love to be able integrate the brush drum loops from the following award winning disc with my exisiting arranger kb jazz styles:
Brush Artistry Drum Loops

Scott

#181550 - 09/21/05 02:39 AM Re: Roland Showcasing G70 v2 at Caister
Booby Offline

Hi,

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Professionally recorded (by pro musicians) Audio Loops RULE !

I would love to be able integrate the brush drum loops from the following award winning disc with my exisiting arranger kb jazz styles:
Brush Artistry Drum Loops

Scott

you actually can using the Korg Pa1X "time slice" feature.

Cheers.

#181551 - 09/21/05 03:51 AM Re: Roland Showcasing G70 v2 at Caister
Dreamer Offline

I am curious to see the way Roland will implement this feature in the forthcoming OS 2.0 for the G-70: will it allow to import audio loops via USB? Where are you going to store them, since there is no hard disk? A USB drive maybe? And how long will it take to load a loop before you can start the style it is synced with?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online