SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18130 - 12/09/03 06:45 AM korg x3 .midnam file for protools
muka0101 Offline

Loc: miami,florida,usa
does anyone have a working patchname file for a korg x3 that works for protools le in osx? the one that digidesign provided does not work.

thanks

Carl

#18131 - 12/09/03 01:41 PM Re: korg x3 .midnam file for protools
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I don't use Pro Tools software nowadays.
But I'm pretty sure that it is still possible to create a custom patchname list.
It is just a matter of copy-pasting the names from other sources (Like Logic multi-instruments, Soundiver, Unisyn etc).
I do have a working copy of Pro Tools 6 LE (OSX) so I'll check into it and see why the patch name list doesn't work and how the problem should be corrected.

Can't promise anything, but with a bit of luck it should only take me a couple of days.
Bye for now.

-ED-

#18132 - 12/10/03 11:35 AM Re: korg x3 .midnam file for protools
muka0101 Offline

thanks for responding ed i appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue for me i am not familiar with xml i tried to manipulate the file that digidesign provided
but i would just get an error message saying that it could not parse the document. Any how thanks again for your time and attention

Carl

#18133 - 12/10/03 10:53 PM Re: korg x3 .midnam file for protools
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I checked into it and it looks like there's a bigger problem then I thought.
I couldn't get ANY of the patch name lists to work. Even when I set up the instruments to match the list, I've got very strange and meaningless error messages saying that either the file is wrong or it doesn't match the instrument settings.
Seems like a bug alright. I'll see if the update will fix it.
I already notified DG about it. No reply so far though (it takes them up to three business days to return e-mails).
Also, to my big surprise I couldn't find a way to create my own patchname list...
I even tried "copy-pasting" the names from Logic and had no luck.
I should get a reply from DG in a few days. I will get back to you once I get some answers.

-ED-

#18134 - 12/11/03 10:07 AM Re: korg x3 .midnam file for protools
muka0101 Offline

thanks for the help ed i would hope that digi
would want to resolve this if they want people to have a good experience with their midi sequencer this seems to be a sticky issue at the moment. I applaud your efforts

you rock

Carl

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online