Topic Options
#180329 - 07/02/07 10:53 AM Re: What the........ new computer
trosha Offline

Loc: Pozarevac/Serbia
Hallo again
i am must read replays
how to explain my opinion
I am buy before 4 years yamaha 9000 pro
and paid 200 euros for sample 32 sound from this web http://www.yumidi.com/instruments.php
so I for me is not good sound and style
and I am decide to make for me.nobody dont want to explain me how to do and I am lose many month to find how ta make good sample.
And I am read on interet about LIONSTRACS
i will buy ONE.I never herad before and I am think that is FUTURE.So I am buy one first version from 2004.After probe i am see
some big potencial for me and some problem with arranger left side,and i am think that I can help lionstracs to solve this problem
with style.I want use Yamaha t2 sound becouse I am try Korg Pa1x pro and roland
and is not good sound for me.Its not metter
which arranger is.Wersi,Roland,Korg or Yamaha.i am try many software instr,Kontakt, Garritian,Brumstick,Sonic Implants, many AKAI cd and all this staff
dont have sound for arranger.all this my example have sound for right side on arr.
SOLO right hand.Also i must tell that T2 have 504 sound,Korg Pa1x pro have 943 sound or more Roland have much sound for sampling..t2 is best solution for style.And i will start to make t2 sound.I will change many T2 sound later and lionstracs will have own sound.I think that we use voice list from T2 for style.That is my solution for my problem for lionstracs.If some one know better contact me or liostracs owner
regards
Trosha

#180330 - 07/02/07 12:12 PM Re: What the........ new computer
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You fail to understand, trosha... By sampling a T2, you are NOT making a sample. You are stealing someone else's sample. To make a piano sample for instance, you have to take mikes and a recorder out to a REAL piano, and record that... To make a brass sample, you have to hire in brass players, and record them laboriously to create a coherent set of brass samples. Ditto guitars, ditto basses, ditto everything else in the T2...

You, on the other hand, have neither the skills nor the resources to do this. So what is your solution? Oh, yes.. steal the work of someone that DID have the resources and skills to do it.

I can imagine how forgiving you will be, when someone who has neither the skills nor the resources to buy a computer and some keyboards breaks into your house and steals everything you have got... No doubt you will forgive him, go out and buy a lot more expensive equipment (and then leave the door to your house open, so the NEXT poor penniless person can help themselves again).... NO?

This is, in essence, EXACTLY what you are doing... Or is theft OK only if it is YOU doing the stealing...

As I said, there is a quantum difference between sampling a few sounds from different Roland or Korg keyboards for use in a sampler, and the outright copying of every single sound in a keyboard to duplicate the machine. But fortunately, you are not even smart enough to not brag about your piracy on a public forum that logs IP's, so hopefully, Yamaha's lawyers will be beating down your doors sooner than you expect.

You are no better than the thief who burgles your apartment, and deserve the same fate...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 07-02-2007).]

#180331 - 07/02/07 12:32 PM Re: What the........ new computer
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Wow! If I ever look up and see you on my jury, Diki, I think that's when I'll "eat my gun". I think the key here is the profit motive. I just don't see any in this situation (from Trosha). I also don't feel comfortable landing so hard on a newbie who hasn't exactly presented himself as a pr..k. We have to make sure we don't present ourselves as one (we wouldn't want to sully our pristine image around the world, now would we? ).

chas

#180332 - 07/02/07 12:42 PM Re: What the........ new computer
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Theft is theft, chas...

What upsets me the most is not only his acknowledgment of wholesale piracy, but defending it, too. Just like the 'fair use' laws that permit you to copy your own CD's FOR YOUR OWN USE, once you start to share those freely on the internet, you are no longer abiding by those laws.

This is not 'newbie' behavior, but simply the action of someone that doesn't care what the law is...

#180333 - 07/02/07 12:45 PM Re: What the........ new computer
miden Offline

Loc: The World
on the question of sampling (rather than piracy)..it seems to me that sampling say, a t2 sound, is no different to sampling a Gibson guitar, the engineers at Gibson worked hard to create that particular sound(similar to engineers who synthesise a sound on a keyboard)...does this mean that you have to pay a royalty to Gibson everytime you use that sample, or that its illegal to use that sampled gibson guitar sound? now i might be on the wrong track here, but i guess that means if you create a song using the T2 sounds you must pay yamaha a royalty for using that sound in your song?? just some points for discussion.
cheers
dennis

#180334 - 07/02/07 01:08 PM Re: What the........ new computer
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

What upsets me the most is not only his acknowledgment of wholesale piracy, but defending it, too. ...

I think what he's defending is his perception of what is ethical and permissable under the law. I don't think he'd be saying anything if he thought he was doing something wrong. Why don't we cut him some slack. After all, the whole thing is still open to (legal and moral) interpretation, and none of us here are lawyers (thank God).

chas

#180335 - 07/02/07 04:10 PM Re: What the........ new computer
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
on the question of sampling (rather than piracy)..it seems to me that sampling say, a t2 sound, is no different to sampling a Gibson guitar, the engineers at Gibson worked hard to create that particular sound(similar to engineers who synthesise a sound on a keyboard)...does this mean that you have to pay a royalty to Gibson everytime you use that sample, or that its illegal to use that sampled gibson guitar sound? now i might be on the wrong track here, but i guess that means if you create a song using the T2 sounds you must pay yamaha a royalty for using that sound in your song?? just some points for discussion.
cheers
dennis

woww, finally another have understand the BASIC concept of Sampling any instruments and that is totally Legally!

The Gibson Guitar is only ONE example of the TON of instruments, like the famous Steinway, Bosendorf, Stradivari Violin, Gretsch guitars and Drums.... and then we can continue with the OLD Jupiter 8, Korg M1, Yamaha DX7, CP80...

Look around in the web how many sounds company offer this sounds under different format, the first one was the AKAI that have CLONED all what was possible till the last new company that offer sounds under the all possible format.
Have they MAYBE payed the royalty to the owner of this instruments??

Of couse in this new generation of PC system and audio tools available we can use now the Jack cables, Digital IN/OUT, SCSI, LAN... and for some electronic instruments we use this system for sampling the unit.

Guys like DIKI, beach player of OLD generation musician, still think that we need to use the MIC, VOX recorder with TAPE Echo system or original Lesle cabinet...and ONLY under this OLD system we are allowed for sampling the instruments??

IF the law allow to sampling any instruments ( and NOT copy the original RAW data, like ROM/FLASH/Wave) then will aloow to sampling the Tyros 2 too, because is one instruments too.
Is the law same for all the instruments OR the Tyros 2 ONLY is excluded?? What is the difference??
Or maybe we have to shown you with one picture that we have sample the Tyros 2 with 2 Microphone, analog Montarbo mixer and tape echo unit for make one sound legally?

Quote from DIKI:
As I said, there is a quantum difference between sampling a few sounds from different Roland or Korg keyboards for use in a sampler, and the outright copying of every single sound in a keyboard to duplicate the machine. But fortunately, you are not even smart enough to not brag about your piracy on a public forum that logs IP's, so hopefully, Yamaha's lawyers will be beating down your doors sooner than you expect.

You are no better than the thief who burgles your apartment, and deserve the same fate...

You are so ARROGANT and stupid..
Who you will scare?? Who you are for write this stupid words??
Before you wrote here do you have used your head or you just write when you are drunk??
For some second after i start read your message, I tough that you work with President Bush and make the Law....but at the end you had shown your hig quote of intelligence..

IF you will receive RESPECT, GIVE respect to the other people too.
You feel upset? I'm upset too when you continue give s...t to nice and intelligen people that here will posting nice and with technical question.

If you dont feel good sharing message here with this nice people, then stay in the beach drink beer and play playback karaoke, ( just looking your picture and this will tell all) because for sure you can not play professional one arranger.

NOW you can be UPSET, BUT you deserve it totally!

#180336 - 07/02/07 04:15 PM Re: What the........ new computer
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Ha..sorry, forget to post this: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/sound-pass-p-180.html

Maybe now we will be contacted from Korg, Roland and ketron too?

Guys..use the MIC and sampling the all what you like!
Enjoy what you play

#180337 - 07/02/07 04:36 PM Re: What the........ new computer
Dnj Offline

wow talk about a hijacked post......

#180338 - 07/02/07 04:49 PM Re: What the........ new computer
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Diki , you come on pretty strong for someone that has never touched an Media Station..I think your views are out of place..At least if I say something about something[keyboard], I played the instrument first..

I think you better take a pill or two...you are hyper ed again..

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online