SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#179877 - 04/17/07 11:22 AM Lionstracs Mediastation User Demo
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Here is another user demo from the Mediastation.
http://download.yousendit.com/CDD259547B62252C

Tito, a friend of mine from Puerto Rico, recorded this Merengue song entitled "Santo Domingo" on his Mediastation. He was playing a style and some giga sounds that all come included.

I enjoyed it and hope you will as well.

Thank you Tito for sharing it with us

Richard

#179878 - 04/17/07 11:25 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation User Demo
Dnj Offline

Thanx Richard I really enjoyed it !!
I thought it sounded a bit Ketronish in a good way!!!

#179879 - 04/17/07 01:09 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation User Demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, finally.... the first decent demo on an MS (see - I CAN admit it!), Very well done, Tito....!

That is the best trombone sound I've ever heard if it isn't a real t'bone. The rest of the brass was OK, but the saxes sounded VERY poor. Bad Casio, IMO...

But, in all fairness, as a style backing, like Donny said, a bit Ketron-ish, probably nothing that couldn't be achieved on a T2 either. Only that trombone made me sit up and go WOW1 (And I apologize if I am wrong, but it sounded AWFULLY like a real 'bone overdubbed).

Still nothing to make me want to sell my G70... Admittedly, even just getting close to a T2 is better than we've heard so far, but it still begs the question - why pay so much more to sound the same..?

Please ask Tito if that was a real trombone, or if not, what library did it come from? There's a moment at 1:37 that has an amazing legato slide passage that makes it very hard for me to believe that's a keyboard....

#179880 - 04/18/07 11:37 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation User Demo
Magica Alfa Offline

This keyboard is much more than standard keyboards.

Where are styles now? If for you are keyboards like CASIO bad, I can say that also they are have good products. Any keyboard is having some specific part.

MS is having a lot of new futures and I hope that here some of members will see in them some good points.

You are right if you say that music shops need some product of this LIONSTRACS MS. But here is other problem that people who are working on keyboards in shops are afraid to sell them – they are afraid of technology. I hope that some shops will be brave and test these keyboards and if sellers will have some questions will ask us users about help. It is not a problem to help.

Same is with some SZ members all the time are negative about MS. Even if some user is sending good demo like this one is.

TROMBON is for sure from MS. Any key of MS can be different and not only this also each velocity from 1 -127 will be different sound. Also programmability of aftertouch and modulation wheel or in better models vector joystick made different sound. That can caused so real instruments with small imagination.

This is big potential and if you are creative user you can have what you want.

Diki once more sorry I did not have time to make some demo with styles but I will try to do it today.

I don’t want to hurt somebody with this replay. If somebody is think that is something bad or not on point please don’t take it amiss.

Enjoy in playing.

Best regards.

Magica Alfa

#179881 - 04/20/07 09:04 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation User Demo
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Thanx Richard I really enjoyed it !!
I thought it sounded a bit Ketronish in a good way!!!

Thanks guys, I’m glad you liked it. I also think Tito did a great job. The “live” feel to the drums and bass have always been one of Ketron’s advantages as well and seems to be accomplished best with audio waves or giga files. This is one of the strengths of the Mediastation.

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, finally.... the first decent demo on an MS (see - I CAN admit it!), Very well done, Tito....!

That is the best trombone sound I've ever heard if it isn't a real t'bone. The rest of the brass was OK, but the saxes sounded VERY poor. Bad Casio, IMO...

But, in all fairness, as a style backing, like Donny said, a bit Ketron-ish, probably nothing that couldn't be achieved on a T2 either. Only that trombone made me sit up and go WOW1 (And I apologize if I am wrong, but it sounded AWFULLY like a real 'bone overdubbed).

Still nothing to make me want to sell my G70... Admittedly, even just getting close to a T2 is better than we've heard so far, but it still begs the question - why pay so much more to sound the same..?

Please ask Tito if that was a real trombone, or if not, what library did it come from? There's a moment at 1:37 that has an amazing legato slide passage that makes it very hard for me to believe that's a keyboard....

Diki,
“Well…the first decent demo on an MS”? I’m wounded (just kidding of course). In case new members may have missed it, here is the link to the demo and post I made a few months ago. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/014737.html The Demo is of a song called “Above All”, I recorded it internally in the Mediastation using Rezound, with a simple style and the Steinway B Giga Piano

Ok, back to Tito’s demo, as far as the sounds used, I checked with Tito again, he verified that his song consisted of a standard style and some of the standard Giga and Dream chip sounds that came included with the Mediastation. I also asked about the trombone that you found very had to believe it could be a keyboard, it is from the Lionstracs GM Giga Sound Bank, number 58. The Sax you didn’t like was from the Dream Chip GM Sound Bank.

Sell your G70? Wouldn’t want you to. The G70’s a great keyboard, no one’s suggesting that you sell it. No “mine’s better than yours” contest here. All the top arrangers made today are really good. Thankfully there is enough variety for us to each choose the keyboard that suits him or her best.

You asked, ”why pay so much more to sound the same..?” Sounding the same just settles the question that you have raised, that the Mediastation arranger is actually fully functional and up to par. The style library, as I’ve explained in some previous posts, is not as extensive or as polished as the ones accumulated by the larger keyboard companies. If that is a deal breaker for you then the MS is not the one you want.

As far as reasons to pay more? Well the MSX Std 76 isn’t any more at only 1990 Euros, and though it is the basic model, it meets or exceeds the hardware specs of most other top of the line arrangers. Even the MSX AM2 with its upgrades is priced comparable, but I would also contend that there are differences to the MS that could easily justify a higher cost.

How about a fully integrated personal computer with included software and the ability to play Giga sounds along with a library of these sounds that numbers in the thousands. Add to this the ability to play vst’s and throw in NI B4 just for good measure. Also integrate audio wave files in almost all standard formats complete with full editing capabilities, time stretching, pitch shifting and build all this into the styles.

Add professional stereo XLR outputs for main and cue mixes at a very impressive 24 bit output quality, 2 mic inputs and the option of an additional 8 analog inputs / 8 analog outputs. Also add a full synthesis module and a combi module that a allows you to layer and zone 8 different sounds(Giga or GM Flash sounds) in any way you choose and a full fledged software DAW and sequencer similar to Cubase or Pro Tools LE.

I know you may not really need the included DVD burner, and video editing software, or internet browser, and I’m sure you’ll never need to do pixel by pixel, photo image editing at a gig. But you’ll have to admit having all these extra features is not a disadvantage.

In fact, the Mediastation is the first keyboard to bridge the gap between arranger and synth workstation and computer based DAW all in one package. I realize that some people already have the keyboard workstation and computer based DAW that they need and want only a simple arranger with less of these extras, but the MS fits the bill for me and I’m guessing some others.

I’m glad we’ll always have a lot of choices in arrangers, that’s what makes this forum interesting!

Richard

#179882 - 04/20/07 09:27 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation User Demo
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
you've stated your position on the MS really well Richard and i am sure that with time and good positive fedback and demos from users such as yourself, the product will gain in popularity.

#179883 - 04/21/07 11:05 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation User Demo
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding1:
you've stated your position on the MS really well Richard and i am sure that with time and good positive fedback and demos from users such as yourself, the product will gain in popularity.

Thanks Spalding, perhaps we'll get a few more demos to help with that.

Here's another from Tito http://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhYK0d0R0YxUUEwTVE9PQ

I think it has some nice trumpets. Thanks Tito good job and keep them coming

Richard

#179884 - 04/24/07 01:27 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation User Demo
richard_shiflet Offline

Hey Guys,
Tito has sent me another demo, so I thought I would share it here. http://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhYa3ZOQ1JtMExIRGc9PQ

Please make sure to respond to this thread if you find these demos helpful or would like to hear more.

Tito has more available and perhaps some more Mediastation users will jump in and provide some different styles as well.

The Yamaha Tyros2 - Mediastation Style Extractor should be ready soon and this will provide more opportunities to compare sounds in styles that may be familar to some of you.

Also if anyone has a particular Roland G70 style you would like to hear, please let me know, as I have many of these already installed

Richard

#179885 - 04/24/07 02:15 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation User Demo
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Richard

I just downloaded the song from the first link. The one where Diki is talking about there being the best trombone he ever heard. I am hearing a trumpet rather than a trombone. The title is Tito_algodones. Are we talking about the same song? Did the download change from the original listed?

Inquiring trumpet/keyboard players want to know

Scott

P.S. Enjoyed our chat on the phone the other day.
_

#179886 - 04/24/07 02:24 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation User Demo
to the genesys Offline

Good job!

Well I think that puts to rest whether or not the mediastation is in the same league as the Tyros 2, Genesys pro s, G70 and so on. No reasonable objective person can disagree with that.

With the sounds you can get out of the mediastation and the many extra things you get on a mediastation, it looks and sounds like it is worth it.

I would have like to have heard more variety of sounds in the demo. Also, styles that showcase different drum kits with bass drum snare, hats and toms would be great.

Keep up the good work!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online