SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#179763 - 09/19/07 08:50 AM Re: PA system
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Zuki,

I really like the ElectroVoice gear. The SXA series are great. http://electrovoice.com/productfamilies/52.html I carry 2 SXA360's http://electrovoice.com/download_document.php?doc=1413 for my house system and 3 SXA100's for my stage monitors. I also use the SBA760 Powered Sub to add that really deep bottom end, but the 360's alone will probably give you more bass than you'll ever need.

My system may be bigger than you would want to use, but the SXA360's by themselves would be perfect. The weight is 36lbs and the are very compact for the amount of high quality sound that they put out. IMO they will out perform many speakers that are much larger.

They are not cheap at all ($1480 list $1100 street), but you won't find this quality sound in the cheaper speakers. Just saw a price of $960 on bizrate.com.

Richard

#179764 - 09/19/07 09:04 AM Re: PA system
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
give me a call

I sell RCF ,DBtechnologies, Behringer, Samson, Mackie.

Zuki....Frank will take good care of you give him a call asap ....
http://www.audioworksct.com/

#179765 - 09/19/07 09:32 AM Re: PA system
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Cass, I guarantee it will cover that size..I have already played to over 300 people..outdoors and the unit set up on the ground..

Ian , you are correct..two units will give you more separation, but keep in mind the K4 is a true stereo unit in a single unit..thus easily eliminates the chronic mono problem Yamaha provides..

Zuki mentioned a single unit, and the K4 is the best all around unit I have used...

It is surprisingly powerful, in fact it has been stated to be the most powerful keyboard amp to date[volume]..and it is feature lay-den..

I too love a big sound in stereo..and when I have the chance I still use my "old" Rolands separated about 10-12 feet..absolutely the best sound I have heard...but for the super best sound[especially vocals..the K4 [ by itself] or added to my Rolands[the latter, unbeatable]...maybe better than my Yorkville set up [2 NX520p's and a 600 Watt sub]..

#179766 - 09/19/07 09:45 AM Re: PA system
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Cass, I guarantee it will cover that thus easily eliminates the chronic mono problem Yamaha provides..

Would you explain, please?

#179767 - 09/19/07 09:53 AM Re: PA system
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by richard_shiflet:
the 360's alone will probably give you more bass than you'll ever need. the SXA360's by themselves would be perfect. The weight is 36lbs and the are very compact for the amount of high quality sound that they put out.

Hi Richard,

I've auditoned the Electrovoice SXa360's on several occasions, and in different listening environments & venues, and concur 100% with what you said. I've compared the SXa360's with the competition (Mackie 450's, JBL's) and I think the Sxa360's beats the competition for smooth natural sound over the entire audio frequency range, from top to bottom, including RICH BASS with no need for a sub woofer.

The only downside is the price, but I you pay for what you get afterall. When my budget & spending priorities permit, I'll definitely be moving up from my SxA100's to the far more awesome sounding SxA360's. Interestingly enough, though the 360's sound a lot better (including more bass) than my 100's, it's 7 lbs lighter. Wow. I wonder how Electovoice was able to accomplish that?

Scott

#179768 - 09/19/07 10:14 AM Re: PA system
Fran Carango Offline

Ian, many have complained about the PSR and Tyros..sampled piano losing it's zest via mono[phase problems]..The K4 will retain the stereo image, thus not producing the phase problem..
Just summing left and right within the Yamaha never worked according to your fellow users...The K4 will retain the stereo image in one unit..

#179769 - 09/19/07 10:47 AM Re: PA system
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks Fran...I never did think of the issue as "chronic"...it IS a "stereo" piano and meant to be amplified that way.

I'd say it was more of an inconvenience if one needed to use a single amp/speaker.

The Traynor K4 did solve the issue quite well...up close...it's a shame that the stereo imaging further out wasn't better...of course it is primarily a keyboard amp and not a real PA.

I appreciate your explanation.

Ian

#179770 - 09/19/07 12:17 PM Re: PA system
Fran Carango Offline

Another point I would consider in a sound system..3 way sound system..One of the reasons I like my "old" Rolands..they are woofer, horn , and tweeter..with crossovers to distribute the frequencies..

Likewise the Traynor K4..a 3 way system..woofer, pair of mids, and a pair of tweeters..and one more advantage ..the K4 is tri amped..[as in 3 amps]..

#179771 - 09/19/07 02:46 PM Re: PA system
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bose L1--nuff said!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online