SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#158067 - 09/17/07 05:36 PM How many players use bass pedals with their keyboard
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Just wondering who is using what kind of pedals with which keyboards with a bit of a description and how it works out.

Scott

#158068 - 09/18/07 06:05 AM Re: How many players use bass pedals with their keyboard
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Scott, Im' not using my pedals at present, but they are always nearby. I've bought an alder set of Crumar PB2, self-contained sound and sustain. I love them.

I previously owned Roland PK5 and Suzuki-Hammond MidiStep. Both are very similar in design and construction - built like tanks. In retrospect I prefer the PK5, as I remember, I could switch between to settings (somehow) and that was a nice feature. Also, the Roland way of setting up the pedals seemed a little easier.

I have an Alesis NanoBass - that's cool and maybe for sale to an interested SZ party. I've also used separate sound modules for the pedals - FB-01, SC35, etc. All work seemlessly except that the pedals do not have act like a regular keyboard in playing touch sensitivity and other parameters.

------------------
www.cassponline.com/

#158069 - 09/18/07 07:30 AM Re: How many players use bass pedals with their keyboard
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well when I am playing my B3 I obviously kick pedals. I also have a StudioLogic MP-177 pedal board that I use when playing solo piano gigs and/or when doing small gigs with a drummer, guitar player, etc. but no bass player. I am more comfortable playing bass with my feet rather than loosing my left comping hand by playing left hand bass.

Dave

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 09-18-2007).]

#158070 - 09/18/07 07:33 AM Re: How many players use bass pedals with their keyboard
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
I have an Alesis NanoBass - that's cool and maybe for sale to an interested SZ party.

Hi Cass,

Please send me an e-mail with your asking price. I currently use an old Korg GM sound module for bass sounds but would like to try the NanoBass if it's not too pricey.

Thanks,

Dave

#158071 - 09/18/07 09:26 AM Re: How many players use bass pedals with their keyboard
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I leave my pedals on the B-3 i have at a local country club for balads, but mostly, I play
a walking left-hand bass.

R.

#158072 - 09/18/07 10:55 AM Re: How many players use bass pedals with their keyboard
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
In The Mood with the use of Bass Pedals
Enjoy

Bill

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kxkk4w2yzbk

#158073 - 09/19/07 07:00 AM Re: How many players use bass pedals with their keyboard
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I have a Korg Midi pedals mod. MPK 130....it works like a charm....to bad, Korg descontinue it long time ago.
I ONLY use it at the house, to me, is NOT practical to have 2 more things to carry and connect.
It is best to use if I want to make a song with more complex chord estructures...with the pedal board you can make more complex chords, providing that you also have the chord mode adecuate. I use IFinguered....so, is like playing in my Electone/Hammond days, but with the benefit of the arrangers of today.
I can use it with either my T2 or PA800.

#158074 - 09/19/07 03:01 PM Re: How many players use bass pedals with their keyboard
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
I have fatar mp113 base pedals midied up to my G70 , but i think i have the keyboard too low down (i have a H stand which is height adjustable and quicklock seat will try raising them) .

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 09-20-2007).]

#158075 - 09/19/07 06:45 PM Re: How many players use bass pedals with their keyboard
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Scott,

I'm an old organ player. I use Roland PK-5s with a Systems 360 bass module.

Tom

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online