SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#179699 - 09/14/06 06:36 PM Need Advice
firehead Offline

Loc: thornwood, n.y. , usa
I currently own a Tyros which I use 3-4 nights a week with the TC Helicon Voiceworks, Yamaha 8 channel mixer with effects and two powered FBT speakers MAxx 4A. We have a two piece band and have been pretty successful.
Now I'm getting calls to do singles during the day at nursing homes. I want to go in with minimal equipment. I have a Yorkville 100Watt amp on wheels.
QUESTION: Should I buy the Yamaha PSR 1500 or 3000. I use mostly preset styles that come with the keyboard. Very few midi-files.
Any Suggestions??????

#179700 - 09/15/06 06:36 AM Re: Need Advice
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
If you get the Yamaha PSR3000, you will be pleased that you get the same sounds and styles as the Tyros but with the addition of built in speakers and a lighter weight keyboard to carry. Instead of using an internal hard drive on the Tyros (if you added it) you can use a USB thumb drive or a smart media card for lots of additional styles, songs and registrations with the PSR3000. And if you don't want to carry the TC Helicon Voicworks on these smaller single jobs, the PSR3000 as the same vocal harmonizer found in the Tyros. In my store, the PSR1500 has not been a big seller like the PSR3000 because of the better sounds and the mega sounds and styles not in the 1500 but only in the 3000.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online