SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#179401 - 12/25/99 09:36 AM Is there any PC software enabling...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there any PC software enabling me to hear in my PC the Technics sx-KN6000 music format?

------------------
Traveling, discovering new worlds. And composing musics about them too... :-)

#179402 - 12/27/99 07:54 AM Re: Is there any PC software enabling...
Jer Offline

Loc: Delay Beach Florida
Angelo;

You shouldn't need any software to hear your music played on the KN6000 in your computer.

Your keyboard has the ability to convert Technics format into General Midi - in the keyboard - without a computer program.

Your computer should play back General Midi files without any problem. So you can hear them.

Jerry

#179403 - 12/27/99 09:52 AM Re: Is there any PC software enabling...
Anonymous
Unregistered

But it doesn't save the rythms, chords and the sounds used. When I want to save, there are two option: Technics and SMF (Standard Midi File). Is there something I'm missing?

------------------
Traveling, discovering new worlds. And composing musics about them too... :-)

#179404 - 12/28/99 10:29 AM Re: Is there any PC software enabling...
AndyG Offline

Loc: Wiltshire,UK
Hi Angelo,

Yes, you are missing something! If you look in your KN6000's manual you'll find an option called "APC TO SMF CONVERT" - or something like that.

This processes a previously recorded Technics sequence such that the drum and style data are copied to spare sequencer tracks - such that you can hear this on your PC or another GM midifile player.

Once you have processed the sequence you must save the file as a MIDIFILE in GM mode and you MUST enable the 1st MEASURE offset (I can't remember what it is called now - it is on the save page on the right above the GM mode label) - otherwise the program change data is not saved!

All the best,

Andy.

[This message has been edited by AndyG (edited 12-28-1999).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online