SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#179358 - 09/20/00 08:17 PM Solton X1 HD w/ Vocalizer for Sale
Beakybird Offline

After experiencing several problems with my Solton X1, Bell Solton is graciously going to send me a new X1 to replace my flawed unit. As the year since the original unit was purchased has just past, the new unit will NOT be covered under warranty.

I thought that %15 percent off of new street price would be fair. Please email me if you're interested.

The unit has not been shipped to me yet and probably won't be in my possession for a few weeks, but I want to spark interest.

I'm going to purchase a PSR 9000 with the money. I want the PSR 9000 because I can interface styles with my PSR 740 which, because of its lightness, I prefer for gigging over the more advanced arranger keyboards.

Plese email me at lhl2468@aol.com

#179359 - 09/20/00 09:10 PM Re: Solton X1 HD w/ Vocalizer for Sale
Beakybird Offline

I just wanted to add that I'm not interested in offers that are "wishful thinking." This is an amazing keyboard, and I would be almost as happy to hang onto it. I'm not desperate to sell it.

The only reason I prefer the PSR 9000 is that as the keyboard is going to be in my bedroom next to my computer, I can try out downloaded styles on the PSR 9000 to see if their suitable to upload to my PSR 740 which I keep in my car and take to work. The styles for these two keyboards are often compatible. I cannot do this with the X1.

Also, the X1 will come with a hardshell case (not new) and a thirteen switch footpedal. I will separate the pedal but not the case.

I acknowledge with a bit of embarrassment that this is the third time I've posted an offer to sell my X1. I changed my mind a couple of times because the styles on the X1 are so incredible, and I have never so far received a compelling offer.

#179360 - 09/21/00 12:59 PM Re: Solton X1 HD w/ Vocalizer for Sale
DannyUK Offline

I am sorry to see that you have finally 'thrown the towel' on the X1 and want to finally sell it.

Is there not a dealer near you that can offer you a trade? Selling it for cash means that you may never get what you want, especially to buy another keyboard in a similar price range.

Good luck in what you do anyway.

DannyUK

#179361 - 09/21/00 01:17 PM Re: Solton X1 HD w/ Vocalizer for Sale
Clif Anderson Offline

Let me see if I have this right. You want to sell "as is", but for near the fully warranted price, a keyboard that you have not yet tried, but is nominally identical to your currently defective keyboard. Is that it?

#179362 - 09/22/00 09:08 PM Re: Solton X1 HD w/ Vocalizer for Sale
Beakybird Offline

The price I came out with discounting the brand new keyboard by 15% and the hardshell case and 13 switch footpedal by 20% and throwing in for free the instructional video is over $500 off of Music Magic Usa's price. I am asking Bell Solton in New York to go over the new keyboard tooth and comb to make sure it is in flawless condition. I think Clif Anderson's insinuation that I am engaging in highway robbery is really off the wall. I think a $500+ discount to forego a warranty is extremely fair.

#179363 - 09/23/00 12:16 AM Re: Solton X1 HD w/ Vocalizer for Sale
Clif Anderson Offline

Sorry, Beakybird, if it seems like I was insinuating you were engaging in highway robbery. There is nothing dishonest or immoral in what you are doing. I can see you have had an unfortunate experience and consider it would be fair for you to recover all or most of your investment in the Solton X1. Solton should have given you a shortened warranty on the new X1, let us say 3 months. It is unfair not to extend a warranty when a product is defective throughout a warranty period. Even a three-month warranty would have enabled you to recover most of your investment.

I was "insinuating" that your expectations were unrealistic. However, with your explanation about the careful checkup by Solton, your offer sounds better.

#179364 - 09/23/00 05:51 AM Re: Solton X1 HD w/ Vocalizer for Sale
Beakybird Offline

Thank you Clif. As the keyboard will be sent to me, I could "check it out" before shipment. In fact, if I don't get any offers, I'll take the keyboard out of the box and start using it in my home recording studio. I would be completely shocked if Bell Solton were to send me a defective keyboard at this point.

My last "repaired" keyboard came back damaged. Lou at Bell Solton contends that this was due to mishandling during shipping. This is possible, as UPS rerouted the package, and it took an extra week to get to me.

After some negotiation, they agreed to send me a new keyboard and ship back the repaired one. This new keyboard will probably not be shipped UPS ground.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online