SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17837 - 09/27/98 06:28 AM N5
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it possible to play 2 tracks on different channels using the same bank but different patches. I have the N5 with Cakewalk. The file will only play both tracks using one of the patches, but not both at the same time.
New at this. Am I doing something wrong during recording or playback. Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Angel

#17838 - 09/27/98 01:28 PM Re: N5
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Now I haven't used an N5 myself, but knowing Korgs typical architecture I'd venture to say you probably need to switch to a combi setup (patch per channel), as you are probably in performance mode (ie. 1 sound) In combi mode you can assign a patch to each channel, or let Cakewalk set it for you as you are doing now. So you are probably just a button press away from what you want to do.

#17839 - 09/30/98 04:51 AM Re: N5
Judy Offline

Yes, it will. You need to set up a different patch in Cakewalk for each track. If you don't have the N5 instrument definition for Cakewalk, use the "Generic Patches 0 thru 127" in the "Define Instruments" section, which will allow you to use patch numbers within the bank. If your e-mail address is here, I'll send you an N5 definition - if not, e-mail me for it. (I'll also be glad to send N1 or N5 Cakewalk instrument definitions to anyone else who needs them.)

#17840 - 09/30/98 04:54 AM Re: N5
Judy Offline

Looks like they don't include e-mails on this new version of the Gas Station. E-mail me at jlahore@aa.net for the N5 definition.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online