SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#178330 - 02/21/06 06:44 PM Computer Trouble
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I pushed the switch 10 times and checked the connections many times this morning and my desktop computer wouldn't run. I took my laptop to my son's job for him to check it to see if he could use it on his car selling job. It wouldn't boot up.

I got home and both are working now. This hasn't happened before.

I looked all day for a new one. Is everyone happy with their HP with the LightScribe technology for labeling CDs?

I may go for this. It's slow with the labeling part I understand, but if it comes with the computer for the same price as another brand, I don't think I can go wrong.

200GB HD - 1GBRam -17 monitor AMD Athlon 64 processor and so on for $569 after rebates from Office Depot. What do Ya'll think.
Thanks again,
Boo

#178331 - 02/21/06 06:54 PM Re: Computer Trouble
Dnj Offline

#178332 - 02/21/06 07:20 PM Re: Computer Trouble
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Boo,
Go for it....
I used our lightscribe burner the other day for the first time and though a little slow (about twenty minutes) the disc itself looked really good! I was very impressed. AT the price you quote above I think it will be hard to beat!

best wishes
Tony

#178333 - 02/23/06 01:13 PM Re: Computer Trouble
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
I pushed the switch 10 times and checked the connections many times this morning and my desktop computer wouldn't run.

Maybe it got infected with a RAP virus .

#178334 - 02/23/06 01:27 PM Re: Computer Trouble
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Boo, I have a simular desktop[Pentium4]..
I use and like LightScribe...My labels burn in 7 minutes..i have read others stating 15-20 minutes...maybe my Pentium4, burns faster..

That is a decent price..Is it a re-furbished unit?

My HP was new, sold for around $1250[complete package]...I ended up getting it for $719 plus tax...after rebates..
That was nearly $200 cheaper than anyone else could sell it to me..

Go for it ..the AMD is okay..and the price is good..

#178335 - 02/23/06 02:06 PM Re: Computer Trouble
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I've had several HP's and always had good luck,
The last one developed a problem soon after purchase they sent me a box overnight to ship it back to them, even though I bought it from best buy I sent it right to the factory, within a week I had my computer back to my door good as new been 2 years no problem.
I always get the extended warranty, on a laptop they give you a new battery, which is worth the price. On my desktop after 2 and 1/2 years my dvd burner stopped working they put in a new better faster dvd burner for free. I've never had a computer that didn't need something within the 3 year warranty period.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 02-23-2006).]

#178336 - 02/24/06 11:34 AM Re: Computer Trouble
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Fran,
This is a new unit from Home Depot. I was shocked at the price. I'm going today to check on the return policy. I hate to get it and then there is even something better in the new flyer this Sunday or the next Sunday. If the return policy is liberal, I may buy it and leave it in the box for a couple of weeks.

They also had a great deal on 6 laptops too. They sold the last one early Monday morning. It was a Toshiba 512 RAM, Wireless, and I think a 60 or 80 GB HD.

If I get a laptop instead of a new Desktop and use the Laptop for gigs and the internet at the house, am I gonna reget it? Maybe I should just keep using the older laptop I have now for the gigs and go ahead and get the desktop?

What do you think? I really appreciate the input. I'm awake at night trying to figure out what to do and confusing myself.

Thanks again for all of the help. Where in the hell is Uncle Dave when you need him?

#178337 - 02/24/06 11:52 AM Re: Computer Trouble
Dnj Offline

I only use laptops in & out of the house.....I love the wireless flexability.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online