SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#178137 - 07/27/01 12:54 PM SD1 question
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
I would appreciate if the SD1 users in this forum could give me an answer to the following question:

When playing my G1000, I often play attack piano lines with the left hand, along with the accompaniment. This helps me provide more variability and uniqueness to the canned styles, and inject some energy into the accompaniment. When I do that, the chord recognition is set to PianoStyle, i.e. only 3+ note chords are recognized. So I can play LH piano without changing the chord. At the same time, keyboard mode is split, and I can play (a combination of) other sounds with the right hand (e.g. brass, saxes, etc), which have no effect on the chord being played.

When I tried out the SD1, I found the PianoStyle button. However, this button sets the entire instrument up as a piano, with no split voicing, and chord recognition being affected by the right hand notes, which is quite different from the way I do it with my Roland.

Is there a way to have SD1 work in this fashion? E.g. Split voicing of the keyboard (different sounds for the Upper and Lower parts), and piano-style chord recognition for the lower part of the split only?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

#178138 - 07/27/01 01:15 PM Re: SD1 question
Roel Offline

Hi Alex,

I needed a few minutes to find out (because of the missing manual...;-)) but YES it is easy :

In the utility menu there is an option 'pianist' that can be set to 'auto' or 'standard'..... select 'auto' and she's all yours !!

Roel

#178139 - 07/27/01 01:37 PM Re: SD1 question
Henry01 Offline

Loc: Dublin, California, USA
Alex,

In addition to Roel's comment, the Pianist button on the keyboard must be OFF. This will give you the split keyboard mode. When the pianist button is ON, the entire keyboard is set to FULL mode.

Henry

#178140 - 07/28/01 12:46 AM Re: SD1 question
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Roel, Henry, Thank you.

I don't think the salespeople in the store know this, so I would not have found this out if it was not for your help.

Regards,
Alex

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online