SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#177944 - 01/26/01 11:23 AM Got my 9000Pro
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Everyone!
Finally got my 9000Pro that I "stole" from George Kaye. It wasn't easy to get, since it was his only model in the store that had just arrived, and he might not get another one for another few weeks. He was holding onto the keyboard on one side and I was pulling on the other. You could see the sadness in his eyes when he finally had to let go. I had brought my secret weapons to drive a hard bargain: my cute wife and cute dog, who caused enough distraction. Thank you again George, for letting me have this beauty, I love every bit of it, the weighted keys, the sound and the styles, which to me are very alive and in my face enough. I play it through a multi-media system from Yamaha, the YST-MS50, which is an 80 Watt powered system with subwoofer. The speakers are tiny but they deliver an incredible rich and loud sound, perfect for the 9000Pro. You can get them for an incredible bargain of only $149 ( George gave me a good deal as well). Again it was only because of the kindness of George's heart that I already own one. By far it has surpassed my expectations. One of the greatest things of buying from George is, as you all know, that he is very enthusiastic about all arranger keyboards, and not just fixed on one brand. (Even though we all know that he loves the SD1 the most). He spends a lot of time with his customers but gives you plenty of time to try all the keyboards by yourself, I am still amazed how much he knows about each and everyone of those keyboards. I wish all salespeople were like that. George, you are truly setting an example, thank you. I won't go too much into the 9000, since there has been enough written about it, just wanted to share my joy. But enough said now, got to go play....(and drive the neighbors nuts),
Eric

#177945 - 01/26/01 08:47 PM Re: Got my 9000Pro
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Eric,
Wow! thanks for all the kind words, but as i told you the other day, knowing you and others from this forum are like members of my family coming in to visit and talk about the things we love.......aranger keyboards. I'm so glad you are enjoying your 9000pro and the good new is that Yamaha thinks i will get another one within the week. I sure hope so. Today was one of those days where i spoke with at least 6 members of this forum on the phone. Eddy Awada called from Michigan and than Bee called from Fresno to ask some questions about his new X1. There was a guy who bought an G600 from me a couple of weeks ago and he commented about how much time I was spending on the keyboard and how much he learned about the different boards while listening to me first talk to Eddy about middle eastern solton X1's and then moving on to another call about programming on the X1 sequencer. I apologized to him about ignoring him while I was on the phone and he said not to worry because he learned so much.I really enjoy the time I spend with my friends of the arranger keyboard discussion group.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online