SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#177773 - 10/11/04 01:01 PM How to record using regular tape recorder from a Behringer mixer ?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I have an inexpensive UB1202 Behringer mixer with 12 channels. I also have a regular tape recorder (home stereo) with two tape player. One is playback and the other one for recording. It has an AUX input (L AND R RCA type input). When I tried to record using the output from the mixer, the recording has a very small volume.

Anybody got any ideas ?

The mixer has:
-CTRL ROOM OUT
-TAPE OUT (L AND R)

Also, the buttons and knows:
-TAPE TO CTRL ROOM
-TAPE TO MIX
-FX TO CTRL R
-KNOB FOR PHONES/CONTROL ROOM
-SLIDER FOR THE MAIN MIX

Thanks
-Han

#177774 - 10/11/04 01:41 PM Re: How to record using regular tape recorder from a Behringer mixer ?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
On the Behringer,I think the tape output volume is also determined by the volume of the main mix.
DonM

#177775 - 10/11/04 01:43 PM Re: How to record using regular tape recorder from a Behringer mixer ?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
The tape output should be a line signal, with the volume based on the channel volumes. The master mixer out might also control the tape out master volume, but I'm not sure.

plus...
Run those little red and white RCA plugs from the mixer TAPE OUT to your TAPE IN. Adjust the recording volume on your recorder.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-11-2004).]

#177776 - 10/11/04 04:52 PM Re: How to record using regular tape recorder from a Behringer mixer ?
Ender4TrackMind Offline

You could run the left right mix to your PC, worst thing you would need is a RCA to mini jack adapter ( pending your PCs inputs ).
http://www.cfbsoftware.com/lprecorder/lprecorder.htm

Can be used for the line in source on your pc...
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

Can be used with the LPrecorder line in source to multitrack ( stack tracks ), or record left right mixes without the LPrecorders 4min time limit.

Outside of that its nice to see someone using a tape deck " If you clean and d-mag the heads on the deck you can get fine results, if the tape deck has some noise reduction even better.

#177777 - 10/11/04 10:08 PM Re: How to record using regular tape recorder from a Behringer mixer ?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Just a thot..that you might want to check the integrity of your RCA cables, they may also be at fault. Other than that, it sounds like a gain issue on the recorder end of things.

------------------
...L

#177778 - 10/12/04 10:16 AM Re: How to record using regular tape recorder from a Behringer mixer ?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I finally figured it out after reading this thread. All I had to do was increase the main level and listen thru the headphone of the tape recorder and see if the sounds came thru. After it was acceptable, then I just press record and everything is fine again.

Thanks, everyone. As always, you guys came thru.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online