SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#177745 - 10/03/03 02:55 PM recording wave files vs. mp3 files
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am trying out the Aucitity freeware program, and have recorded a sample wave file - it won't let me get the plug in for mp3 conversion =
here's my question . . .
I need to get a cd to someone, who will be listening to it on a standard cd player. What file format must be burned on the cd, so he can listen? Can an average cd player play wave files, or must they be mp3 files?
If so, guess I'll need a wave to mp3 conversion program???

Many thanks, as usual . . .

Jill

#177746 - 10/03/03 04:01 PM Re: recording wave files vs. mp3 files
Roel Offline

Jill,
To burn an audio CD (readable on a standard CD-player) just select 'burn Audio CD' in your computer-software.
De format will be converted to .CDA format automatically.

Not every standard CD-player is able to play MP3 format....
WAV format cannot be played on a st. player.

So there is no need to convert at all !

Roel

#177747 - 10/03/03 04:09 PM Re: recording wave files vs. mp3 files
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
You need a burning program like Nero (www.ahead.de) or Easy CD Creator (www.roxio.com).

Once you launch the burning application, create a new "Audio CD". All you have to do is drag your wave or mp3 into the destination cd and the burning software will take care of converting to a track for you.
Once the cd mastering is finished, you will be able to play it in your cd player.

Claude

#177748 - 10/03/03 05:23 PM Re: recording wave files vs. mp3 files
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Make sure you remember to close the CD after recording the files or it will not play on anything.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#177749 - 10/03/03 05:48 PM Re: recording wave files vs. mp3 files
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Jill
You don't need any other software if you have windows on your pc. Just record the .wav file with your trial software then get windows media player to burn the tracks onto cd....it will convert the .wav files as it goes.

At least that is how it works in XP. I can't remember if win98 did this but I am almost sure you can update media player anyway even if you still use win98.

Hope this helps
Best to you
Tony

------------------
http://www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#177750 - 10/03/03 06:49 PM Re: recording wave files vs. mp3 files
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW worked great, with all your help.

I have an mp3 now, it burned fine on my cd, and plays great on my cd player! My first recording with my PSR2100!! I'm so exited - i'd put it here (attach it??), but don't know how!

Jill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online