SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#176784 - 10/02/06 09:49 PM Tyros 2 - Music Finder +
kh1 Offline

Music Finder + is now launched.

Nothing much to choose from yet, i have only found 15 melodies.

You can search by artist, collections.
The button called "Performance Guides" seems not to be working yet.

You can append or replace what you find in Music Finder + to the ordinary musicfinder.

Personally i find it way to slow to search in Music Finder +

It feels like you can play approx. half of Valse Op. 64 n°1 (valse minute) between each screen loading. I hope Yamaha are working to speed things up (and i mean not the valse minute)

Regards

kh1

#176785 - 10/03/06 07:18 PM Re: Tyros 2 - Music Finder +
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
When I participated in marketing research hosted by Yamaha, I told them people want to play music on their keyboards, and surf the web on their computers. We don't want to view a 6 inch screen that is hard to see and read and takes forever to load. I guess they didn't think much of my opinion.
Also, it looks like Yamaha will probably start charging for the new Music Finder + entries in the future. Someone else told me there are $ on the IDC website but no prices yet.

I think it would have been much better and smarter for Yamaha to improve the existing MusicFinder to increase its capabilities. But there isn't any money in that approach.

Tom G.

#176786 - 10/04/06 03:53 AM Re: Tyros 2 - Music Finder +
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I tried the MF+ last night. It seems the styles they map to are pre-existing styles already on the T2. I don't quite get the value proposition.

I'd use the MF+ if I could download the entire databases to my T2 hard disk. But how could you use this in public without an Internet connection? Come to think of it, KH1 is right, how can you use it period, it is just too slow.

Kudos to Yamaha for trying something novel and innovative, now they need to refine the implementation.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online