SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#176626 - 06/22/03 01:21 PM I want to compile some songs!!
KN_Fan Offline

Guys,

I'm thinking of compiling some sets of songs for me to play/sing at parties (This is just for fun, non-paid gig). Need help from all you Pros here.

So far I have something like:

Vanessa Carlton 1000 miles (this is the newest song I have. Everything else is kinda "old")

Billy Joel-Just The way You are/For the longest time/New York State of Mind

Stevie Wonder- My Cherie Amor

Bobby Caldwell- What You Won't Do For Love
70s:Ladies Night, Let's Groove, Copacabana, Get Down On It, Celebration.

Some I think I had it down (in terms of singing and playing), some I'm still practicing. Guys have any more inputs on songs? (slow and fast/jazzy/pop, etc..).

I need all the inputs. After all the filtering and stuff, I'm planning on having about 30-50 songs and I'm going to store everything in my keyboard (it has 5 gig hard drive so storing data won't be a problem, but that's a different thread/topic).

Thanks,
KN

#176627 - 06/23/03 12:34 AM Re: I want to compile some songs!!
KN_Fan Offline

How come nobody replied?

#176628 - 06/23/03 05:59 AM Re: I want to compile some songs!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
KN,

Do you want to compile a list of midi songs on your keyboard's hard drive or just compile the styles in specific slots so they can be quickly recalled? If you're looking for songs to compile, I suggest going to www.psrtutorial.com and going through the lists of fake books, selecting the songs, tempos, etc, then setting them up in your keyboard. Keep in mind that every audience is different, and just 50 songs is not much of a selection. Most of the folks that do this stuff for a living, including myself, usually work with several hundred to a few thousand song titles, and even then, someone will ask for a song you either don't know or can't play.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#176629 - 06/24/03 08:00 AM Re: I want to compile some songs!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Depending on the crowd, you may need to have the "old chestnuts" .. Margaritaville, Brown Eyed Girl, Ol' Time RnR, My Girl, etc... and Others like Mustang Sally, In The Midnight Hour, I Feel Good ...
You can even do some of the old standards such as "Stormy Weather" in a 'shuffle/blues/boogie' style ... (did that one on Friday and it went over well ) ...
If it's a 'party', I think you want to keep the tempos up ...
t.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online