SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#176620 - 08/23/04 08:49 AM So, Tony W ....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
..... as I was asking when were were so RUDELY interrupted ... what happened to the kn7000 ?!? ...
t.

#176621 - 09/04/04 06:32 AM Re: So, Tony W ....
Dnj Offline

I was under the impression that Tony sold it after only a few weeks and bought a TYROS.....
Now he's a very happy Camper

#176622 - 09/07/04 05:06 PM Re: So, Tony W ....
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Tony,
I did answer your question at some length before the forum went down. I hope that my original reply was not the post that broke the forums back

Donny is right to a point. I was VERY surprised to find that I could not get at all comfortable with the KN7000. Especially as I had owned and really enjoyed both the KN5000 and KN6000.

I am not even sure what it was (specifically) and it has been suggested to me that I did not give myself long enough to get used to it. There is no way I am about to diss the 7000 firstly because I know there are many folk on here that adore the board and secondly because I can't honestly say I did not like this or that. It was more a general thing.

After owning the 9000pro for so long ( I think close to two years is a record for me) maybe I just got too used to the yamaha sound? Anyway I sold it to a really nice Lady from Southport who was really enthusuastic about owning one so I am glad it went to a good home. I then got an excellent deal on a Tyros from Vince Cochran (the hard drive guy).

If I am 100% honest I think part of the problem was that I had always really wanted a Tyros so whatever I had bought to replace the pro would not have sat right with me!

I really like the Tyros so horses for courses and all that

Best wishes
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#176623 - 09/08/04 07:07 AM Re: So, Tony W ....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well, as a "techie" (kn6000) I am somewhat disappointed that you are now a 'yammie' ... but I guess at some point I may have to change from the kn6 (if I should live so long ) ...now, how about some music from that Tyros ?!?!?
t.

#176624 - 09/09/04 03:33 PM Re: So, Tony W ....
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
As I said above I adored the KN6000. For me (and I can only speak for me) I considered the 7000 a step BACK from the 6000.

There are some things though that Technics do that I really miss. I love the fact that there are six multi pad buttons (performance pads) and that 5 and six are allocated as solo performance one in minor key and one in major. I am so surprised that the other manufacturers never took this on board. It is probably my fave feature of technics boards. So useful. I also like how official software disks were available with new performance pads to load into the board. As far as I am aware none of the other big brands make as much use of this feature.

I also like the colour widescreen on the 6000 and 7000. So much easier to get all your info on. The sound system itself is probably the best built in sound of any keyboard on the market today.

When I first bought a kn6000 the sound blew me away. These days I buy those 'MUTE' boards that drive Uncle Dave to distraction!

Best wishes
Tony

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online