SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#176355 - 05/11/05 09:24 PM PSR Vocalist Problem
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
Hi all. Anyone have a problem with the vocalist on the PSR 3000?. While doing a job yesterday and today, while pressing the button to change the vocal setting , nothing happens. The different voices( Mens choir, country, Womans choir etc. ) will not show up on screen. I tried a reset, with no luck. This is a new replacement keyboard and only a month old. My first 3000 had a bad mother board. I'm hoping that this is no the problem with this one. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bob L.

#176356 - 05/12/05 05:11 AM Re: PSR Vocalist Problem
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sounds like you have the freeze button ON. If the MIC SETTINGS are checked in the freeze category, this would be exactly what happens.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#176357 - 05/12/05 04:14 PM Re: PSR Vocalist Problem
mr82thebar Offline

Thanks Gary. I checked that.This is the second 3000 i've had and this is basicly the same problem that the first one had. Bad motherboard on both. I also had the same problem with four Tyros, before i sent it to California at the Yamaha tech support repair shop. Ever since they repaired it( new motherboard,made in Japan), it has worked fine. I just returned the 3000 back to Guitar Ctr. In Towson, Md and they ordered a Pa 50 for me. I may not like it as much, but i hope it will be more reliable than the Yamaha. I'm out almost every day playing at nursing homes, asst. living, and senior centers and have to have a reliable keyboard. I no longer trust Yamaha products and GC is going to relay that message to Yamaha. What a shame that some of thier products are no longer reliable. I know of one large retail chain that has discontinued selling Yamaha products for that reason. Thanks for the reply. Bob L.

#176358 - 05/12/05 05:36 PM Re: PSR Vocalist Problem
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bob,

I'm doing the same performance routine, but so far, no failures of any kind. In fact, I've never had a Yamaha fail, ever, but I did have a few other brands that had problems year ago. Maybe one day we'll run across each other on the circuit and I'll buy you a cold one.

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 05-12-2005).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#176359 - 05/12/05 06:08 PM Re: PSR Vocalist Problem
mr82thebar Offline

Sounds good to me. Let me know when you're in the area. Bob

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online