SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#175668 - 09/27/03 01:39 PM ** new ** KCW-1: Powered Subwoofer
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
http://www.rolandus.com/products/details.asp?catid=7&subcatid=33&prodid=KCW%2D1

I just picked this up today, but I won't get to test drive it at a show till next week. It's small, square and has a built in, variable crossover (Sunny????) that can be fed from any sub-out or monitor out.
The specs rate it at 200watts, and they say it's 50lbs, but it was very well balanced and I didn't mind shlepping it as much as I did the old PSR9k. It's 1/2 the size (and 1/3 the power) of the Mackie sub.
I'll give my review as soon as I put it through it's paces. I heard it at the store with a Roland KC150 as the main feed - sounded fabulous. Adding this to my JBL eon G2's should be all I need for the rest of my year. (sigh...)
Now that I have a small alternative to those gut wrenching low frequencies....I'll probably use it more often!
Stay tuned folks......

#175669 - 09/27/03 05:02 PM Re: ** new ** KCW-1: Powered Subwoofer
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Awwwww Cmon Uncle Dave....That Mackie Sub is only 100 lbs plus a wee bit more...your back get tired????? I'm still keeping alieve and Doans in business.....let me know what you think....anything to lighten the load would be Great!!! I have to admit..I'm still running the EV's and the Mackie Sub and the more I play with them, the better I like the sound...I have yet to run the Sub with more than a quarter Gain....the EV's I run straight up and down....and I have been playing bigger facilities lately....The folks have commented plenty on the sound quality....looks like I'll keep them till they quit...which leads me to ask...How long can one expect these powered cabs to work and sound good...I realize "it depends" is the right answer, but keeping them in a clean dry environment, and handling them with kit gloves, and keeping the sound level conservative..30-40 dates a year....is 5-7 years reasonable?? enjoy the lighter Load Brian

#175670 - 09/27/03 06:53 PM Re: ** new ** KCW-1: Powered Subwoofer
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Uncle Dave, I have 2 JBL Eon 10's, also a Eon G1's and G2's. I love the sound of the 10's, but they need help when I push them. I have added one Ge2 to help with the bottom. It does a fair job.

Let me know what you think of the sub woofer, it may be what I need.

Two JBL Eon 10"s on stands and a sub woofer, sounds great.

Thanks, John C.

The Eon G1 and G2, are looking for a home fi some on is interested.

#175671 - 09/27/03 10:52 PM Re: ** new ** KCW-1: Powered Subwoofer
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yup - teh G2-tens have a great command of the low range, at moderate volumes, but for the heavy duty dance tunes - a sub is very much appreciated. Even a moderately powered one like the new Roland is bound to do the trick. I had the G2-sub, and although it was a 15" speaker, it was only 250 watts. The ROland is 200.Big whoop.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online