SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#175530 - 04/17/06 01:39 AM Re: Roland makes comeback
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
weissefar you put But let's face it, it is highly unlikely that Roland will ever release a G70 V3. The G70 is considered a finished product and Roland will of course spend their R&D money elsewhere - hopefully on the next generation of arranger machines for the benefit of us all.

I'm glad I'm not a G70 user reading this. So it's the end of updates for them and a costly part exchange or sell the G70 time if they want newer technology in the E80.
I doubt anyone would want to upgrade from a 76 note to a 61 note, then again.......?
It only seems a few minutes ago since the G70 came out and now Roland seem to be cashing in again, crikey

#175531 - 04/17/06 05:48 AM Re: Roland makes comeback
weissefar Offline

Well, It's all about expectations, right?

Did you expect - before buying the G70 - that the instrument would be updated and upgraded in the years to come? If you did - why on earth did you expect that?!? Who promised you that? If someone mislead you to think that buying a G70 meant free updates/upgraded in the years to come, then somebody might call you a bit naive. Fact is that you might be disappointed facing the fact that (maybe) there will not come anymore upgrades... (please - don't forget to inform us, who told you about this Mecca of upgrades!)

What I don't understand is, why anyone would have such expectations in the first place? Personally I regarded the G70 a finished product since day 1. I did that, because I wasn't promised anything else. Furthermore I knew all specs. and features before buying it, so I knew 100%, what I was payinf for. Not at any time did Roland promise any upgrades! However, even though Roland did not promise anything, they did in fact release a new OS2 in 2005. This upgrade gave the instrument a range of of new features and functions. This upgrade was even given away for free!

Furthermore, Roland has released a number of bugfixes (1.07, 1.1, 2.0, 2.01) - and soon a 2.02 will follow. Well, of course these bugfixes are the least one can do, when making bugs but most people tend to forget that these minor relases also contained additional new features - some of them in fact requested by the members in Roland G-70 User Club Denmark via a dedicated forum on the user club website - thank you Roland for that!

Summa summarum: Roland has in fact given the users SEVERAL new features in the G-70 - everything for free. And BTW - we have also received numerous new styles mastered especially for the G70. Not to forget the SR-G01 expansion board including new sounds, loops, drums, styles, user programs etc.

And local Roland JV's has entered into cooperation with companies like Midispot and TMF online to make software especially for the G70 - another a great initiative from Roland.

You see, with few exceptions I have had them all ... since the E-20 in the 80's... and you know what? With the G70 it is the first time that Roland has released so much new stuff so fast for one arranger keyboard! So.... my point is that I don't share the negative attitude - NOT AT ALL

... I almost forgot: A new Database manager application will be released soon... just in case you didn't knew that...

[This message has been edited by weissefar (edited 04-17-2006).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online