SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#136221 - 04/14/06 05:31 AM see the new demos of mediastation at musikmesse2006
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
The demos are ok actully but i was most impressed with the American Singer and his pulling technique!! He started singing in the first demo "Easy like Sunday morning" and a pretty blonde walks up to him and well....I wish it were that easy in real life !

Seriously the pianos are quite good. Take a looksy and no .....i am not Dom in disguise !

#136222 - 04/14/06 06:15 AM Re: see the new demos of mediastation at musikmesse2006
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Where's the link, please....

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#136223 - 04/14/06 07:51 AM Re: see the new demos of mediastation at musikmesse2006
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Here's the link to the videos
http://www.lionstracs.com/site/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=34&catid=37&Itemid=59

I wonder what this guys got connected/midi into the Mediastation on the picture and why?
http://www.lionstracs.com/site/images/2006/msconcert1.jpg

In my usual tradition when it comes to the Mediastation here goes. Remember peeps we are all entitled to our opinion on here so lets see some more.

Demo 1 Nice enough piano sound but a very poor style as usual. Please someone, be a friend for that bloke. Maybe he could advertise for one on Ebay Has that woman he is chatting up got a sister for me lol

Demo 2 Bored the pants off me, but the Wersi stand looked nice in the background.

Demo 3 and 4 Not good, I'm suprised Dom still uses this poor demonstrator.

Demo 5 Looks like you still can't sit down and play a song straight off like you can with a Tyros 2, G70 etc. The poor bloke looked lost playing Girl from Ipanema and I'd love to hear what he thought about the keyboard since he is a Synth Zone member according to the video title.

So all in all we get to hear a reasonably nice piano sound and the usual poor styles on offer, so nothing new that stands out.
The Tyros 2 piano by the way sounds far better than this 3 gig piano sample when it's been tweaked and so would a G70's or quite a few other top end arrangers for that matter.

#136224 - 04/14/06 09:46 AM Re: see the new demos of mediastation at musikmesse2006
Rickideemus Offline

How much for one of those X-88s?? Iffits under 30 bucks I'll take it.

Wicki

#136225 - 04/14/06 11:04 AM Re: see the new demos of mediastation at musikmesse2006
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Actualy Craig i respect your opinion as usual but i thinkits actually quite good demos baring in mind they are recorded straight from a hand held cam. To be fair the "synthzone member" was playing piano style on the keys and was not holding the chords in a manner that the keyboard could recognise and that would be the same problem for yamaha or Korg or dare i say Roland. I suspect he has never played and arranger before and is not in fact a synthzone member or he would have given his appraisal by now. As you already know , you have to hold the chord just before or on the beat or the keyboard simply cant tell where you are going with the song. I think that the demonstrator on demos 3-5 looks a little disinterested but there is no doubting his talent. ( I suspect that he is actually Dom)

I enjoyed them and although i would not buy one yet simply beciause of the arrogance of Dom from his indiscreet forays on the forum, i am certainly interested in what the competition is doing. Again i suspect thatg mediastation is not that far off from having a decent product.

#136226 - 04/14/06 11:43 AM Re: see the new demos of mediastation at musikmesse2006
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Interesting, they were just over the isle from Wersi, and it would also be interesting to know who got the largest crowds.
Also did you notice in one of the demos, that one of the Managing Directors of Wersi was to the left of the Demonstrator?
The report on one of the previous posts that Lionstracs was tucked out of the way of media attention is also interesting, as they were surrounded by Hammond, Ketron, Wersi, Roland and Boss. (The Roland stand was not shown on the videos, but can be seen in the pictures on the German Wersi site) which being big names are hardly tucked away.
One final point exhibition stands are one of the worst places to demo, particularly if you are recording using a typical camcorder.

Bill

#136227 - 04/15/06 12:48 AM Re: see the new demos of mediastation at musikmesse2006
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
The demonstrator is not Dom at all, it's some bloke Lionstracs always use even back when they were throwing out the first lot of cheesy organ riffs a few years ago. I think his name is something like Bernard? He is possibly German/Austrian.
Dom may be the bloke stood at the side with the sort of curtain cut hairstyle. I can't remember what he looked liked from the picture he sent me last September as it didn't take me long to forget him hehe

#136228 - 04/17/06 04:43 AM Re: see the new demos of mediastation at musikmesse2006
Bachus Offline

hehehe

Its funny everytime a new person to keep the mediastation dream alive because it still isn't more then a dream.

Mediastation was tucked away on a verry small spot and all they had where 2 moddels. they where next to a german piano selling firm (Where you see the hammond sign) and in the back ....yes back of wersi (who also where a lot smaller then their stand from a few yeaars ago)
A stable mediastion ready fer livegigging with styles and switching between vst isntruments on the fly is still a dream.

though they prommise a style tool that makes it easy to import any other style manufactorers style.

Like i say earlier, its a project not a musical instrument, that says it all.

And yes the piano sounds okay, but just not as good as the same piano samples sounded in the NI boot. Same goes for the B4 vst plugin. Now this can be a reason of amplification (which i hope) but could also be because of their DA conversion in the soundcard/DSP.

What many of the sofware gangs forget nowerdays that stabbillity is the number one quallity you want from your setup.

EDIT: did i say i saw the mediastation crash 4 times in the hour i was there, everytime when they switched programs. 2 of these crashess resulted in a hardware reboot.

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 04-17-2006).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online