SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#174875 - 06/18/02 09:18 PM SD-1 in Australia
CamBoi Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Finally i have seen the REAL THING. It arrived in the store 2 weeks ago, and boy am i impressed. I have been following the happeneings and changes of this instrumen for over 12 months and now am about to buy the precious piece of GOLD !

The only problem is where do i get it from cheaper than 7500AUD = 4300US ? I think it is a little exxpensive becuase i have seen on Synthplanet.com it sells for 2200US including POSTAGE to Australia in 3 - 5 working days?

Has anyone tried Synthplanet for their stuff ?

And there is no support from the guy in australia by the way. He sends everyhting back to italy and is not all that good with the keyboard itself ?

Last Question if you can guys answer this ??

I play the piano accordion and want to sample the organtone sound on the SD-1, can this be done ? so i do not have to play the accordion

Hope you can help..Best of luck and future addition (owner) to the SD-1 list

#174876 - 06/18/02 09:58 PM Re: SD-1 in Australia
asafar Offline

Loc: New York
Hi CamBoi
I am an Australian Citizen living in New York.
Any way I ordered 3 Roland keyboards about 2 years ago from Synthplanet and they are good.
I had an SD-1 and yes you can sample up to 8 instruments to it.
If you are interested in downloading oriental sounds for SD-1 go to my website at www.abdallahsafar.com

#174877 - 06/18/02 09:58 PM Re: SD-1 in Australia
Henry01 Offline

Loc: Dublin, California, USA
CamBoi,

There are a few good accordion presets in the SD-1. There's also a good accordion sample on the hard drive.

4300US vs 2200US is a big difference. I would be tempted to give Synthplanet a try. Considering that you are not getting much support from the local guy anyway...

Henry

#174878 - 06/19/02 04:54 AM Re: SD-1 in Australia
CamBoi Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I play in a Croatian/Bosnian band which uses the deep bassoon, high flute and organtone sounds. I have heard the SD-1 accordion sounds but it is not quite the sound i am after so i was thinking of sampling the sounds off an accordion itself

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online