SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17469 - 09/04/00 09:24 AM M1 help needed
DaveShaw Offline

Ok, so i just got an M1 (i know they are old nowadays but it was the best for the amount of money i had and i am told they are classic) but i'd just like to know, do i have to get my computer to recognise it somehow - i know there are no drivers with it. I have a really old, really really old (version 3.02), version of cakewalk express but should this still work with the M1, if so how do i get it to work? I have plugged the midi cables from the keyboard to computer etc. but according to cakewalk help i need to select the keyboard as a midi device (pretty obvious) except i can't select it, its not there. Any ideas people? Please?

#17470 - 10/03/00 07:00 PM Re: M1 help needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

First, do you have a joystick to MIDI cable, or are you using some sort of interface? I use a Roland UM-2 USB interface. You can pick one up for about $100 give or take. This includes a driver (softwareof sorts) for your computer to talk to the UM-2. Second, MIDI is universal. Anything that is General MIDI (GM) will talk to each other. Sometimes you need to assign the port your computer uses to receive the MIDI information. And you also have to set your keyboard in the MIDI mode. I just picked up a Korg M1 myself, and unfortunately haven't done any MIDI with it yet. But I have used other MIDI keyboards, so I know it will work. As I have more experience with the Korg M1 I will keep you posted. Cakewalk 3.02 may not be the most recent in program technology, but rest assured it will work fine.

------------------
danlorenz@home.com

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online