SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#174342 - 10/16/04 07:58 AM Anyone Use Lighting in their act?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
With my band I use two banks of PAR 36 Cans with 3 lights each and two Vertigo Effects lights one on each stand. I keep them ALL ONE all the time and don't use chase or flashing. This sends a nice wash over the band and the dance floor and sprinkles lights around the entire room.

Anyone else have a favorite lighting setup?

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#174343 - 10/16/04 08:26 AM Re: Anyone Use Lighting in their act?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

I'm still using flame lights on stage, which work surprisingly well. Other musos seem to think they are corny, and maybe they are, but audiences love them. They are interesting, easy to carry, and provide all the lighting I need. I set mine in a pair of plant stands so they are even with my keyboard. You can find them by doing a Google search for "Bob The Flame Light".

[This message has been edited by The Pro (edited 10-16-2004).]

#174344 - 10/16/04 04:44 PM Re: Anyone Use Lighting in their act?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I also have a Bob The Fleme light, however, I mainly use it when performing outdoor pool and patio parties at night. It is also mounted on a plant stand that cost about $12 from Wallmart. One particlar venue where I used to play had no lighting at all and you were essentially in the dark. I rigged up a small, rotating gel system that slowly changed colors and only illuminated me. Very soft and appealing and was dirt cheap to make.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#174345 - 10/18/04 05:07 AM Re: Anyone Use Lighting in their act?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I've seen these used by DJ's and I personally think they're cool. In addressing the 'Cheesy' factor, the sample people that call them that are also the ones that can't take their eyes off the darn things.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#174346 - 10/18/04 02:15 PM Re: Anyone Use Lighting in their act?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I'm looking for a small, portable set of lights to use on my outside jobs. This is as
much for seeing the keyboard and my foot pedals than as stage lighting for people to see me (ugh!). Ideally, these would be much smaller than PAR 38's and have some dimming capacity.

A few years ago on a trip, I saw a self-contained panel with, i think, three colored bulbs. They weren't bright, but really didi the job.

Any suggestions?

russ

#174347 - 10/23/04 09:58 AM Re: Anyone Use Lighting in their act?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by digitalvision:
Try these out on your audience, theyll love em

Am I on the right forum?!?!

#174348 - 10/23/04 10:04 PM Re: Anyone Use Lighting in their act?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Russ,
I have a system made by Rapco ( YEARS ago ). It's a 4 bulb encloseure that measures about 12" x 4" x 4" and mounts on thin, lightweight stands.

I have a chase controller and manual footswitches .... pretty cool stuff. I suppose it's for sale ..... everything else I have IS !

Call if you want to pitch my brain about it. I don;t think Rapco is still around.
Peavey makes a nice all in one system too, but it's larger.

215-284-1328(cell) EST Philly PA USA

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online