SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17424 - 08/14/99 08:40 PM KORG DSS-1 user reactions
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I use mainly analogue gear , I do NOT use MIDI but I just bought this DSS-1 because I have always wanted one . Usually with these synths with buttons and program windows I just get frustrated and then get rid of it . But I am wondering , is this machine worth the time to figure it out ? Lucky for me I also have the manual . It is capable of so much - sampling , wave form drawing , additive synthesis , and analogue filters . The problem is though , it only has this small little display . Should I take the time to learn it .

#17425 - 08/17/99 11:23 AM Re: KORG DSS-1 user reactions
digitalman Offline

The DSS-1 is remarkably easy to program, in spite of that little LCD display. Of course there's always a learning curve tailored to the user's level of experience with keyboard patch and sound editing; i managed to figure out this beast within a few evenings. I believe the DSS is a capable machine, able to hold it's own in the company of the latest digital samplers on the market- all kinds of wave editing, keyboard splits, onboard effects and variable sample rates combine for sound that is remarkably clean and true to original (for a 12 bit sampler). Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

#17426 - 08/17/99 09:18 PM Re: KORG DSS-1 user reactions
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Thank's for your input , I am starting on it tonight .

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online