SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#174130 - 12/12/00 03:48 AM New oriental program for KETRON X1
Ahmad Offline

Loc: Lebanon
Hi, Here are the latest info for the new x1 oriental program.

*the new program will be 16 MB 44.1 Khz sample rate.

*three new oriental drumsets, one of them includes 30 samples for tabla sound (best tabla sound ever made)

*40 new live oriental styles as a real band and there will be some turkish styles (not sure about the turkish styles)

*new improved oriental sounds like oud, nai, kanon and there will be oriental synth sounds like HS-60, Juno 106 and saw wave sounds for fat oriental synth sounds.

*new oriental grooves for belly dance like tabla solos and the grooves can change tempo and sync with the oriental styles.

*new oriental programs and users loaded with useful oriental sounds like watariat, accorions, etc..

These info are true because a guy that works with eddy on that project told them to my friend tarek and he said they are working day and night to finish this project not later than february.

I can't wait to receive this new program.

#174131 - 12/12/00 04:48 AM Re: New oriental program for KETRON X1
Clif Anderson Offline

Nice work, Ahmad!

#174132 - 12/12/00 07:29 AM Re: New oriental program for KETRON X1
jayjay Offline

hello ahmad
can i have your e.mail adress,i have couple of questions regarding the x1 oriental.
thanks

#174133 - 12/18/00 10:25 PM Re: New oriental program for KETRON X1
samerk81 Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Marhaba(hi) ahmed:
I am a kybrd player who lives in canada and i realy want to know the names of the kybrds which have arabic sounds/drum kits. I visisted a lot of dealers and i did not find a lot of good kybrds. The only one i found was the yamaha A3, whick is in my opinion a baby kybrd. Which one do you recommend? I am looking for one that has a high quality sounds and drum kits. you said that the x1 has great drums, but does it have great sound too. what about the roland E500, is it a good one for the stage. I am using a korg trinity pro and a yamaha EX5. Also do you know any website where i can find arabic demo songs for the x1 or maybe you can ask your friend eddy to post some demos.......
i will Appreciate any help from you..
Thank you for your time ..

Samer Kadoura
Canada

#174134 - 12/19/00 12:38 PM Re: New oriental program for KETRON X1
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Samer

If you do get a keyboard that accepts custom styles, check out the MIDI-Style-Atlas egroup at www.egroups.com/group/MIDI-Style-Atlas. We have many Arabic and Middle Eastern styles posted, including over 400 for Roland.

Clif

#174135 - 12/19/00 02:01 PM Re: New oriental program for KETRON X1
Ahmad Offline

Loc: Lebanon
Ahalan ya Samer.

The X1 is the best oriental keyboard. I used to have the E-500 OR but it was very disturbing in live performance. For example there is no lock tempo in the E-500 and if you want to change from one style bank to another it will switch automatically to styles that you don't want to choose from that second bank.

I bought the E-500 two years ago, then I sold it afetr two monthes and I bought a gem wk-2. The wk-2 is more easy to operate in live performance than the E-500. But I sold the wk-2 when the X1 came out. This X1 is the dream keyboard for every arabic musician. Here in Lebanon every body is using it.

Trust me, buy the X1 oriental and after, you will thank me for that advise.

#174136 - 12/19/00 03:26 PM Re: New oriental program for KETRON X1
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
Samir,
I may agree on what Ahmad said about the E-500OR'S problems like the tempo(Ahmed I never saw the second problem in my keyboard)but the E-500OR is good only for choosing sounds when you want it very fast but not as one man band meaning you gig. but if you are going for a keyboard that have the best "functions" then you go 100% for the X1.if you are looking for the quality of the sounds I suggest you check both the X1 and the EM-50OR(the E-500OR is no more in sale...only the EM-50OR which carry the same sounds and more).the WK2 is good but misses many things like a sequencer.I heard their was the WK3 but I don't know if GEM still sell it or not(it have nice specifications)

------------------
vic

[This message has been edited by vic83 (edited 12-19-2000).]

#174137 - 01/02/01 10:32 PM Re: New oriental program for KETRON X1
samerk81 Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Hi veryone:
i just want to say thanks to ahmed, vic and Clif Anderson for their help and i wish you guys and everyone in this site a very happy new year.

Ahmed there is a site for arab musicains where they can post info or comments about their kybrds. the address is www.iraq4u.com.
Click on discussions and then click on The Musicians Club.

Enjoy......

Salam :-)

Samer Kadoura

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online