SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17367 - 03/30/99 10:33 PM Wavestation sysex help
JCPZero Offline

Loc: Concord,CA,USA
I purchase comercial patches in sysex format for the Korg Wavestation and I am having problems:

When using dumpster or cakewalk professional, I receive a checksum error from my Wavestation SR.

I also have the Wavestation WSEdit program.

When I opoen the commercial sysex patches, the program will not even dump them.

Any success with other sysex?
Yes, I have backed up all my personal patches, performances, wavesequences and multi-sets. I can download or upload my personal sysex data using dumpster, cakewalk or WSEDIT without checksum errors.

What have I tried?
Re-initialized my Wavestation SR.
Changed MIDI cable.
Tried all the different programs to send the sysex.
Asked patch supplier for recomendations.

Help and recommendations appretiated.

Note: I have some Roland sysex from the same company that I have gotten to work.

JCPZero@Pacbell.net

#17368 - 04/06/99 04:39 PM Re: Wavestation sysex help
PEO Offline

Loc: Vännäs, Sweden
According to some info about this problem I found, there is a few things that may go wrong.

First, the configuration of memory and so on the different WS can be a problem if you have an old version of Cakewalk or another editor program. The amount of data wanted/received from WS is not right, therefore WS may be confused about this and sends out a checksum error.

Secondly, the speed of the sent packages from computer to WS may problematic. In an infotext I found about this you was supposed to try different values for communication speed. Rather tricky to do, changing values in a Cakewalk *.ini file. I didn't notice any change.

Well maybe this is what is wrong, but I should try to get hold of another WS and another computer to test the software.

If you have a sysex program to look at the sysex code in itself you may spot what is wrong, but no kidding that is a hell of a job.

Ben Hall has written some interesting texts about the WS, try to search for the text on the web maybe he has something about your problem.

Good luck and I hope things gets better, says:

PEO!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online