SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#173523 - 05/15/05 07:31 AM Re: Performing outdoors
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The only work around for the LED indicators is the MFC10 foot pedal, which can be programmed to perform some of the tasks, but then you have to work with a 10 button pedal, which is another problem for live performers who already have too many things going on at the same time.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#173524 - 05/16/05 01:42 PM Re: Performing outdoors
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tommy, you're right..playing outside on a patio is miserable. I'll be starting my 14th season tomorrow night at a restaurant in Kentucky.

But, by he middle of June, I'll have all my bookings arranged for the off season. I really couldn't tak a year-round job, since winter corporate and state government jobs pay three times the restaurant rate. My customers look for me on the patio. Out of the corporate jobs, I get film production, film score work, research and graphics projects and lots of valuable contacts. Everybody knows this place and has seen me there at one time or another.

Balance that with equipment damage, carrying two complete sound systems in and out every night...heat, rain and drunks...it's a love-hate relationship.

Russ

#173525 - 05/16/05 02:08 PM Re: Performing outdoors
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by SBPC:
...Then the remaining problem I've had to deal with is not being able to see the red LED's...

Try to swap the red LEDs with blue ones! The sun has many parts of red and yellow light. The blue light has a higher frequency and so it is much better to see (it seems to be much brighter). The blue LEDs cost much more than the normal LEDs (red, yellow, green).
Be careful: The blue LEDs always have a higher flow voltage and current then the other ones but there are some brighter types of blue LEDs which can be used with lower current.

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online