[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 01-26-2004).]

#173345 - 01/26/04 02:52 PM Re: Building the Perfect Beast
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
what about some vinyl siding?

#173346 - 01/26/04 03:31 PM Re: Building the Perfect Beast
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
bricks are heavy,build on layman terms is a must,it be nice if this unit is portable, like a keaboard case with wheels ,so lets keep on dreaming,something might become of it, best regards ,BENNO

#173347 - 01/26/04 03:37 PM Re: Building the Perfect Beast
Dnj Offline

On & On we go....It's obvious Not many people are "REALLY" happy with their keyboard judging by posts alway looking for the next latest & greatest.....when will it end? I too leave myself open minded to new technology, but I find many people dont even give what they have a chance...we'l see

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-26-2004).]

#173348 - 01/26/04 04:37 PM Re: Building the Perfect Beast
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speak for yourself, Donny! I'm quiet and happy trying to improve my musical skills with a simple Tyros. Still a lot to learn with it. But I will surely keep an eye on http://www.perfectbeast.com/ !

-- José.

#173349 - 01/26/04 05:18 PM Re: Building the Perfect Beast
Dnj Offline

matias..

Glad your enjoying your Tyros...personally I didnt care for it for my needs....
we're all diferent, & have diferent needs.

Good Luck

#173350 - 01/27/04 07:05 AM Re: Building the Perfect Beast
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
On & On we go....It's obvious Not many people are "REALLY" happy with their keyboard judging by posts alway looking for the next latest & greatest.....when will it end? I too leave myself open minded to new technology, but I find many people dont even give what they have a chance...we'l see

Donny: the fact is I'm not "REALLY" happy with Yamaha, Roland and Korg - all of whom I have given decades of chances, money and patience to. Even if I just limited my gripes to the Yamaha 9000 Pro, my complaint list would still be quite long. They have not only discontinued my 9000 Pro with no replacement in sight but they didn't support it very well even in it's prime. My 9000 Pro won't last forever nor will it's capabilities increase no matter how many more chances I give it - and for the first time my keyboard future is no longer limited to what keyboard companies decide to make. If I'm going to spend $2k-$3K on my next instrument and go through lots of time and effort to make it do what I need then why shouldn't I consider every alternative? That should be of interest to us all. I'm very interested also in making this concept work for everyone, no matter what your level of need is.

The search for the better instrument will never end... that's why the GigStation concept is inevitable, with every component replaceble and customizable by the user - from the processor to the memory to the display, the keyboard and the I/O interface. And since you would be using current technology even the lowest denominator of user would have a far more powerful and versatile instrument then what they could buy ready-made for the money with no limits on the sounds and applications as they come onto the market. Take the new Yamaha Vocaloids technology - no Yamaha keyboard exists or is foreseen that can make use of it but the GigStation could use it immediately, along with a few thousand other VST apps. If that doesn't interest you then ignore this thread and leave room for the geeks to have their fun.

My wife and I have been avidly discussing the GigStation and we've come up with more ideas. We are searching through trade show displays and office furniture in search of a portable computer table that closely resembles the GigStation concept. Perhaps something can be modified that already exists since the concept isn't all that radical. Many computer workstation desks would suffice but making it self-contained and portable is the trick. We also think that a convenient portable computer work surface like the GigStation may have more applications than just music.

#173351 - 01/27/04 07:49 AM Re: Building the Perfect Beast
Dnj Offline

I have always been on board for new concepts in musical technology even if I didnt embrace them fully because of not understanding them fully. I'm always looking to learn from others about new keyboards and systems if it can help me in my work as a performer. I like your idea and I hope to see it flourish and become reality. I think the key for the future is interchangability of hardware & softare & great on board navagation, & customization so the user can "make it their own" thats what I'm hoping for besides a lightweight and portable rig for stage performance.
I appreciate that your trying to create something for sure. So this here
"Semi Geek" will be lurking and absorbing if you dont mind, because I to want to be happy playing my KB....

Carry On

#173352 - 01/27/04 08:24 AM Re: Building the Perfect Beast
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

I'm still happy with my PA80 and Motif ES Donny. I just not so happy at the prospect of selling my PA80 and scraping up a lot of extra money that would be needed to buy a PA1x. I just don't see enough value for the dollar, for my needs, because arrangers have their limitations, and spending all of the extra money to upgrade still won't give me the other tools that I want.

I'd buy a new arranger if it gave me more real time control over style parameters, such as real time algorithim adjustments ala the karma. That's just an example, not that I want a karma per se. I know that the PA1x has updated sounds and styles, but I don't need one. The PA80 still serves me well.

What I want is more ability to customize my sounds, operating paramters, etc. It's obvious to me that software is becoming the better choice for my needs.

AJ

#173353 - 01/27/04 08:31 AM Re: Building the Perfect Beast
trtjazz Offline

AJ
I think for any that want to go much beyond styles and even the limited adjustments that workstations have to offer software is going to become the more viable option. Not to mention I am with you about alot fo extra money for just a FEW new features and that's from a self avowed gearaholic.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online