Dnj Offline

Gary....

Thanx for explaining....

Scott.... email me if you like for more info

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-24-2003).]

#173173 - 09/24/03 08:37 PM Re: LOVE my PSR2100
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Most all my registrations are just that: Registrations that I tweaked and saved to disk by song title.

But I also compiled a disk of my favorites from Gary's gig disks. Since you can't save key and tempo to style files, I also linked my custom settings to Gary's styles via registrations. Then, saved the registrations on the same disk with the corresponding style. (geez, that sounds more complicated than it is.)

In short, it is a two step process when I use one of Gary's styles.
1. Call up the style
2. Call up the registration

Sure, it is a couple more button pushes, but since my user memory is already maxed out with other styles I use, it's a lot easier and less time consuming than setting up key and tempo changes for one of Gary's styles.

Eddie

#173174 - 09/25/03 05:36 AM Re: LOVE my PSR2100
Dnj Offline

Eddie,

You didnt mention the music finder..do you have it setup on your KB with all your songs via the Music Finder Software editor?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-25-2003).]

#173175 - 09/25/03 06:18 AM Re: LOVE my PSR2100
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Eddie, actually you can save tempo to style files. Just put the style into the Style Creator and change the tempo. Rename if you wish, and save. I'm not sure what you mean by saving the key, but you can save it in the Style Name, as Donny does.
DonM

#173176 - 09/25/03 09:51 AM Re: LOVE my PSR2100
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Don and Donny...
Yup..you are right...using the style creator does give us the abiblity to change the tempo of the style on a gig disk, without having to save in User Memory. Thanks for that tip.

By "saving the key" I meant saving a transposition. I seen no way to set and save a specific transpose to Gary's or any style disk. Call up a style the 2000 keeps the same key of the previous song...unless you use the registration buttons.
The same is true for the Music Finder.

I mentioned the two step procedure of 1.calling up a style from disk and 2. creating a registration that links to the style --- because it also gives you the ability to set other parameters, such as footpedal function, VH and mic settings and DSP's.

If all of those changes could be saved via the Style Creator without having to save to (my already maxed-out) User Memory first, it would be faster and more convenient. But, I see no way.
Eddie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online