SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#173035 - 08/23/03 01:46 PM Re: Someone try to convince me why I shouldn't get a KN7000...
benthepianoboy Offline

Loc: Sacramento Ca
You know just to give my 2 cents here.... To base the purchase of a keyboard like the kn7000 on whether or not the vocal input harmonies are decent is absurd. If it really matters to you- do yourself a favor and buy a dedicated vocal proccesing unit. Even the new pa1x has an "optional" Tc Helicon processor. You have to buy it seperately.
Buy the 7000 because of the Sound samples- The Ease of use, and the SD card capabilites.

Also- All this crap about 96ppq is dumb as well. If you can tell me the diff between a 95th note and a 96th note let me know.... I'll be sure to have whatever you're smoking.

#173036 - 08/23/03 03:00 PM Re: Someone try to convince me why I shouldn't get a KN7000...
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi all,
I have to say that I would have had much more respect for Technics if they had just ditched the harmoniser full stop. I think they felt that they had to compete with yammies flagship at the time (9000) that included a harmoniser.

The offering was so woeful that maybe they should have marketed on exactly the view of many here that you buy a keyboard for the quality of sound and if you want extra's go buy them from people who make a living from making them.

However to include the harmoniser and advertise the keyboard as having a pro quality harmoniser on board was blatently untrue and as unforgiveable as the yammie flash update /2000 fiasco. At the end of the day it should do what it says on the tin!

Maybe we do expect too much from our boards but we should at least expect that they will do what the peep's who make them tell us they do....of course what they say while the money is in our hands often differs from what they say when we have given it to them.
Best to all
Tony W

#173037 - 08/23/03 04:10 PM Re: Someone try to convince me why I shouldn't get a KN7000...
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Uncle Dave,
no offence, but quite frankly who needs a hard drive, when you have an sd card for storage. ( plus the sd card records & plays mp3's) The prices of the sd cards have been dropping, just need to find the best place to buy a card.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
[B] Also, the hard drive is costly and specific to Technics.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#173038 - 08/23/03 04:25 PM Re: Someone try to convince me why I shouldn't get a KN7000...
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
If I had the money I would buy a 7000 tomorrow. The only things I don't like about it are the registration buttons - hard to find in a hurry and too easy to hit the wrong one - and no XG so I won't be able to make it sit up and beg like my 740. However, it has more than enough nice sounds and what's more it has touch reponse on all the organs, something Yamahas don't have (except for the el cheapo PSRs).

Bryan

#173039 - 08/24/03 12:17 AM Re: Someone try to convince me why I shouldn't get a KN7000...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Rikki,
It certainly seems like the SD is gaining respect in the memory world, but I wonder how large they will be made available? I have a 20 GB hard drive and it's almost full! How much does an SD card hold?

#173040 - 08/24/03 06:59 AM Re: Someone try to convince me why I shouldn't get a KN7000...
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Dave, sorry to butt in seeing you are asking Rikki, the bear maker. Gee, I wonder if she could post a picture of her bear. Anyway Dave I just looked at the info window for the hard drive in my computer that I just upgraded about nine months ago. Has an eighty gig drive. Run my business on it. All the accounting, payroll, everything with all the archives, all the way back to 1986. Stores all my music stuff. Notation programs, sheet music, recordings, everything. Got all our personal stuff, games, records. even Ruthies recipes for her good German cooking. Even got a lot of them from my good old Navy days when I was a cook. My favorite, ‘S on a shingle’. Anyway Dave, just wondering. Unless my computer is lying to me it says I have less than twelve GB’s on the eighty GB hard drive. Better get a fire extinguisher and hang it on your keyboard. That thing must be hot with almost twenty gigs of stuff in it. If not hot, bloated to say the least. Man, what you got in it?

From the ever learning Grandpa Doug

#173041 - 08/24/03 07:57 AM Re: Someone try to convince me why I shouldn't get a KN7000...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
No, no, no..... the hard drive is in my LAPTOP, and most of that is full of audio files. I have about 5000 MP3 trax that I use for DJ/break music. I am trying to see if the storage option will ever rival those numbers. My KB has a 6 GB drive and I'm sure there;s OODLES of room on it. Midi files are tiny.
S on a shingle 'eh?...Tasy stuff.

#173042 - 08/24/03 01:21 PM Re: Someone try to convince me why I shouldn't get a KN7000...
rikkisbears Offline

Hi there Grandpa Doug, couldn't resist , but you asked (haahaa) The little critters paid for my 3 keyboards.
best wishes
Rikki http://www.geocities.com/rikkisbears/gallery3

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
[B]Dave, sorry to butt in seeing you are asking Rikki, the bear maker. Gee, I wonder if she could post a picture of her bear.

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 08-24-2003).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#173043 - 08/24/03 02:24 PM Re: Someone try to convince me why I shouldn't get a KN7000...
rikkisbears Offline

Well Uncle Dave,
I thought we were actually discussing Technic Hard drives when I made my comment on "who needs one, when you have an sd card".
Admittedly I'd need quite a few sd cards if I wanted to store 5000 mp3's on them, but I personally don't have the need for that amount of mp3's ( I don't perform, I'm only a nutty hobbyist).
There again, I suppose one way around it if I was a performer(why oh why, was I given the talent to make teddy bears instead of music (boohoo) would be to , just copy the mp3's I'd be likely to use for a performance to sdcard, pack up the trusty ol' kn7 along with the sd cards, leave the computer and any other keyboards I'd normally have to drag along at home.
As the kn plays mp3's, if I wanted to use backing tracks from other keyboards ( like my va7 or my ex 9000pro) I'd just record them as mp3's , save to sd card, heck, if I could sing I could even back my own vocals up and save as mp3 to sd card. I'd really only need the one keyboard on stage my trusty old kn7, capable of playing mp3's , mp3's in sync with sequencer files, sequencer files & midifiles. Boy, really makes me wish I was talented enough to perform ( haahaa)

Actually sounds like your beloved korgs maybe starting to go the same way (mp3's & memory cards?)

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online