SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1720 - 02/22/02 06:21 PM Favorite KraftWerk cd
Archie Bunker Offline

Loc: Ill
I like Electric cafe'......I also heard rumors about a new album, not remixes either....

#1721 - 02/23/02 10:29 PM Re: Favorite KraftWerk cd
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
KRAFTWERK 2 - 1971

#1722 - 02/24/02 01:56 AM Re: Favorite KraftWerk cd
tekminus Offline

Man Machine, but Radioactivity is my fave single.

Computer World is great also.

-tek

#1723 - 02/24/02 05:16 AM Re: Favorite KraftWerk cd
Mgomes Offline

Loc: São Paulo (SP)/Brazil
Right at this moment, I'm listening Data-Bank-A "politically correct" cover of Radioactivity (...Stop radioactivity - is in the air to kill you and me....).
Radioactivity is my preferred best album, very analogue sounding.

Mgomes

#1724 - 02/24/02 06:14 AM Re: Favorite KraftWerk cd
tekminus Offline

Electric Cafe is probably their worst cd. I like the snare sounds and the choirs though.

#1725 - 02/24/02 10:27 AM Re: Favorite KraftWerk cd
Stalker Offline

Loc: Germany
An easy answer: My favourite Kraftwerk-CD hasn't been manufactured yet.

I don't like their music, their sound and their "lyrics"/"vocals". Or, in a shorter form: I don't like Kraftwerk.
!!!!I'm not talking about the persons themselves, only about the band/ the music!!!!
I can't understand why they are so popular. Only because they were the first, the synth-pop pioneers? Maybe I have to be a little bit more patriotic and have to like them because they come from the same country like me. But that would be very silly, I think.
They've never had a good sound, and their "melodies" a new born child could have composed and played. Music doesn't need to be complex and perfect. It "just" needs something special, something that makes me like it. But Kraftwerks music has nothing special.

"Radioactivity is in the air for You and me" or "Fahr'n, fahr'n, fahr'n auf der Autobahn" are not really masterpieces of lyrics, are they?

I don't say that everything from Kraftwerk is bad, there surely are some usable elements. But the complete end-product of a Kraftwerk-song is nothing really good, I think.

EVERYTHING WRITTEN HERE IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION!!!!!!

#1726 - 02/24/02 10:57 AM Re: Favorite KraftWerk cd
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Woah ! Feel better now?
Were you, by any chance abused as a child while listening to this band? Those are some strong opinions. Isn't there ANYthing positive you can think of?

#1727 - 02/24/02 12:58 PM Re: Favorite KraftWerk cd
Stalker Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Were you, by any chance abused as a child while listening to this band?

Hahaha! Believe me, I've never been abused. But in the electronic music nearly everyone seems to praise Kraftwerk as synthesizer-gods. And I don't know why....

Something positiv in relation with Kraftwerk? Hmmmmmmmmm. As a child I liked "Das Modell" und "Die Roboter". And I've bought "Trans-Europa-Express" some years ago. I've never heard the whole album twice, and when I hear a song of that album, then the titlesong.
But indeed there is something positiv: If I want to laugh, I just have to listen to their lyrics .

Take it easy, this is just ONE opinion...

[This message has been edited by Stalker (edited 02-24-2002).]

#1728 - 02/24/02 03:05 PM Re: Favorite KraftWerk cd
tekminus Offline

They're not exactly helped by the German language, which together with southern Swedish dialects, are among the ugliest in the world.

I've always loved the melodies and the percussions. That, combined with complete weirdness courtesy of the vocoded voices, makes for great music.

-tek

#1729 - 02/24/02 07:12 PM Re: Favorite KraftWerk cd
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Stalker,
I'm just havin' some fun. I didn't mean REALLY abused, it's just something we joke about when dealing with certain situations. I'm glad you have a light heart - it was meant in fun !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online