SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#172383 - 08/24/04 09:15 AM Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
As time passes there is less emphasis on the news out of Punta Gorda, but I know there are still many needs unmet.

Charlie, if you have access to a computer, email me with any supplies you may need. I have some weekdays off for the next few weeks and can run whatever you need over to you.

Eddie

#172384 - 08/24/04 06:35 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello Everyone...........I'm fine, but my neighborhood is pretty trashed! Thanks for all your posts, emails and thoughts. I sent Gary Diamond a email about my storm............

Hello Gary.......................Thanks for the email. Kittycat is fine. My 2 outside cats are fine too. One of them didn't show up until 2 days after the storm. My neighborhood is still in the dark. It was the worst hit area of the storm. I suppose I am lucky. I am still living in my home. Others on my street were totally wiped out. 10 days after the storm my place is still a mess. Working for the county has kept me there restoring water and sewer thru out our service area. I put a tarp over the rook, plastic over the broken windows, and used a rake to get the leaves and sticks out of the living room! The place is habitable............I pretend I'm camping. I've had a generator since last Thursday. That has made things much more tolerable. I had my DSL internet once last Thursday, and now again tonight. Maybe this time it will stay working. It was great to see and read the posts and emails sent to me. Thank everyone for keeping me in their thoughts! Fortunately my PSR3000 wasn't hurt by any of this. I enjoy it so much more now playing it when I can stay awake. I keep going everyday...........but I am tired, getting grouchy, and wish things would happen faster. My insurance company hasn't come yet, I called them last Tuesday. At least FEMA came thru and deposited some money in my account today. They really are great and have come a long way since Hurricane Andrew. My attitude is staying mostly positive. I see the future............I see my house and this county being rebuilt better and stronger than before. Now it's Charley vs Charley................and I'm gonna have the last say!!! Thanks. -charley

#172385 - 08/24/04 07:02 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Bill, I live in N Ft Myers (I play keyboard at All Souls Episcopal Church at the corner of 41 and Pine Island Road).

If there's anything I can do for you or your neighbors let me know.

------------------
Graham

#172386 - 08/25/04 05:44 AM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Charley ... glad to hear you and the cats are ok ... Hang tough friend ... you'll get through this ...
t.

#172387 - 08/30/04 04:30 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
Dnj Offline

I just saw on TV news that another HUGE Huricane Frances a catagory [3] 135 mph winds is heading slowly toward Florida's East coast this time......I hope not.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=World&cat=Hurricanes_and_Tropical_Storms

#172388 - 08/30/04 04:46 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Yup...and it is very worrisome. Home Depot and Lowe's are already getting crowded. If this things comes ashore at category 3 or above, we will be evacuating.
Eddie

#172389 - 08/30/04 05:06 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Charlie,

I posted your most recent email on the Synthzone and PSR Tutorial the night I recived it. Glad to hear things are slowly turning around for you.

I'll try to call you later tonight.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#172390 - 08/30/04 07:02 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Thanks to all here that have been thinking of me. I am fine and will be better off when this mess is gone...........even though it will take a while. Here we too are concerned about Frances!!
Gary D telephoned tonight. It was nice to hear his voice. It helps the spirit greatly to hear from the friends I have made here. It has been over 2 weeks since being hit by the hurricane. It is old news now..........this country being so huge......2 counties in Florida have had their lives turned upside down, yet the rest of the country is businness as usual. I think I would rather have Frances come back here and finish us off, than cause this misery and havoc somewhere else. Let's keep our fingers crossed it just stays out at sea! -charley

#172391 - 08/30/04 07:24 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
hi,
we live in a retirement mobile home
community in st.pete/tampa(actually largo).
we have learned from charley and we will
evacuate. it's crazy to try an ride this or any storm of this size. i'm packing my equipment and stuff and getting out. maybe tennesse. and its a labor day weekend. not
fun. but hey, it could be worse. we've been very lucky here. our prayers to those south of us.

#172392 - 09/01/04 06:19 AM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
Dnj Offline

I just saw on Fox TV that Hurricane Francis[cat4] is tracking toward Florida's East Coast reaching land Sunday Night approx 2AM.....be carfull out there!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online