SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#172098 - 01/03/06 11:38 AM Re: Light Scribe or epson printer?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
It is. This is the [b]General Arranger Keyboards Forum. Scroll upwards in the mainindex of this forum to find the PC Software and Hardware Forum.

[/B]

It's common knowledge this forum is about arrangers and any number of subjects about performing and playing. Plus, totally off-topic subjects. Join in!

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#172099 - 01/03/06 11:40 AM Re: Light Scribe or epson printer?
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
It's common knowledge this forum is about arrangers and any number of subjects about performing and playing. Plus, totally off-topic subjects. Join in!

Performing and playing, fair enough. But advice on what printer to buy... Come on. Calls for a moderator to move a few topics :-)

I'm thinking about a new bullbar for my 4x4. (Hey, it carries my KB when I drive to a gig, so it's on-topic, right?) Any advice?

#172100 - 01/03/06 12:00 PM Re: Light Scribe or epson printer?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Burkels, there are forums on the internet that are strictly on-topic. This isn't one of them.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#172101 - 01/03/06 02:59 PM Re: Light Scribe or epson printer?
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Brickboo, Semi & others:

We have had this discussion on this forum several times. For my two-bits worth, as long as we are talking onesy-twosey CD printing jobs that require full color, the Epson family (R-200, R-220, R-300 & R-320) are hard to beat. I sent Scott Yee and others samples. I never have a problem with smearing. My only complaint (and this one is universal, no matter what brand of inkjet)involves the extremely high cost of ink. It costs those folks less than a dollar per unit in labor and materials and they are ripping us to pieces costwise. No wonder they sell the printers so cheap. It nearly costs as much for the ink!

Sorry for the rant! Good luck. RICE

#172102 - 01/03/06 03:11 PM Re: Light Scribe or epson printer?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
Why is a topic about PC's and printers in the General Arranger section???

Burkels ... since your occupation is IT related, why not give some 'professional' advice and perhaps end the discussion ???
t.

#172103 - 01/03/06 08:58 PM Re: Light Scribe or epson printer?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:
Hi Brickboo, Semi & others:

We have had this discussion on this forum several times. For my two-bits worth, as long as we are talking onesy-twosey CD printing jobs that require full color, the Epson family (R-200, R-220, R-300 & R-320) are hard to beat. I sent Scott Yee and others samples. I never have a problem with smearing. My only complaint (and this one is universal, no matter what brand of inkjet)involves the extremely high cost of ink. It costs those folks less than a dollar per unit in labor and materials and they are ripping us to pieces costwise. No wonder they sell the printers so cheap. It nearly costs as much for the ink!

Sorry for the rant! Good luck. RICE

That's why I only buy Canon printers. They have individual ink cartridges and they are quite inexpensive.
DonM

#172104 - 01/03/06 09:41 PM Re: Light Scribe or epson printer?
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
In the opening post on this thread, I think the author meant "proprietary," not "prioritized."

Then again, I could be wrong. (It's been known to happen.)

Charles

#172105 - 01/03/06 10:53 PM Re: Light Scribe or epson printer?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
The ink-jet printer industry relies on the "razor" concept. Sell the tool with a loss, make profit on the razors.

#172106 - 01/04/06 12:22 AM Re: Light Scribe or epson printer?
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
That's why I only buy Canon printers. They have individual ink cartridges and they are quite inexpensive.
DonM

Hi Don
I also have graduated to a Canon i350 .I bought it because I saw that the cartridges were considerably cheaper than the others (like HP) but I have found that I have to buy more replacement cartridges for the Canon than I ever did for the HP
Not too late I hope to wish you and your family a Happy New Year 2006.

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#172107 - 01/04/06 10:55 AM Re: Light Scribe or epson printer?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I also do photo prints...I will stay with HP...you can't beat the quality...though at a price..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online