SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#171482 - 01/19/03 02:24 PM fantastic speaker system
Markus Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi friends,
I have just purchased a new passive speaker system. It has a fantastic warm but also powerful sound and comes near a hifi sound. The system is called Solton Phoenix. I bought it in Germany - it is as well a Solton product as the keyboards are. I bought it a couple of months ago but it was only the last two weeks that we used it in bigger halls.
It is a satellite system with a 13,5 inch subwoofer.
With this system I replaced another system that had passive satellites and an active 18 inch woofer. For our gigs it was somehow over-dimensioned. At the beginning I had qualms about the system - now fully passive system run over a 2x300 watts power-mixer - being able to do its job.
But fortunately it really does and sounds much better than before. Not only high volume music but also the less loud tunes are realls great-sounding. The problem with the old system always was the 18 inch speaker being somehow sluggish if it came to quiet tunes.
I am really all content with the Phoenix system.

Markus

#171483 - 01/19/03 03:51 PM Re: fantastic speaker system
Dnj Offline

#171484 - 01/19/03 03:55 PM Re: fantastic speaker system
Roel Offline

Hallo Markus,

Great to hear you found your speaker-system. The 13.5" is a bit unusual size, 'normal' I would expect 8", 10" 12", 15" and 18".......

It is important it sounds the way you want it !

Roel

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online