SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17062 - 04/02/99 01:38 AM new synth
mcfield6 Offline

I have been asking without succes for advice on choosing my new keyboard,I have been considering the KorgiS40,RolandXP60,Korgn364,yamaha730,please tell me which one is the best,feel free to suggest another with that price range that has a 16 track seq.I play soft rock,ballad,pop.thanks

#17063 - 04/20/99 10:02 AM Re: new synth
Melvin Offline

Loc: Sweden
I'd recommend you to go with the XP60 from Roland. It got really great expansion possibilities with up to four expansion cards .. I have a rack version of this synth myself and I'm not very disappointed .. :-)

// Melvin

#17064 - 04/27/99 11:49 AM Re: new synth
HellPope Huey Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR, USA
The Roland XP series IS dripping with potential, but it also hampers you with an operating system that can lead to pulled hair. Likewise with most Yamaha products; they seem to start over with a different operating paradigm for every new unit! Maddening!
I'm pretty biased in favor of Korg; the N and X series would fill the bill nicely and are much more user-friendly. I prefer their overall sound set. Going with a synth that has a disk drive is ALWAYS preferrable as well.
Do check out the Rolands, because their sound expansion options are massive and definitely in the top 3 quality-wise. If you've heard any of their sample CD-ROMs, you'll know what I mean. Just factor in the learning curve. If its too steep and you're not an oscillator-head, you can often find yourself pushing buttons and saying bad words instead of making music.

#17065 - 04/27/99 03:44 PM Re: new synth
mcfield6 Offline

I also think that the n series is better,the questionis which one,n264,n5ex or what,I am not willing to pay more than 1300$

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online