SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#170547 - 03/06/02 07:53 AM The height of arrogance. . The PSR 2000 saga continues..
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Well, I contacted the company who sold me the keyboard. After 3 and a half frustrating weeks of dealing with them and realizing that my board is probably not going to be here in time for my Saturday show, I emailed them to voice my complaints. Basically I sent them a condensed version of what I posted in my thread " When will my PSR 2000 come back ", You saw how George and Dan replied to me and I believe both of them would do exactly as they say. THAT is the way business SHOULD be done, and how I treated my customers.

I will not post verbatim what the company I'm dealing with told me here while my board is in their hands and while the potential exists that this may become a legal matter, but basically the jist of it is that they "feel" it is ME who is being unfair..for criticizing them..poor babies. After all the keyboard isn't being fixed in THEIR store... Gee let me see... I bought it less than 4 months ago in THEIR store and it has been gone 3 and a half weeks, and it will likely take another 3 weeks. Then they tell me I have to pay an extra 35 dollars to get it bumped up on the priority list. Then I complain about it and it's ME who is being unfair ?? That is arrogance extraordinaire in my book.

Korg AJ

#170548 - 03/06/02 08:29 AM Re: The height of arrogance. . The PSR 2000 saga continues..
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I can identify with you! I took my son's car to be painted 4 weeks ago. They said it would be 3 or 4 days. I called back in 3 days and they said they were backed up and it would be 3 more days. This happened exactly the same way again in 3 more days.
Finally I got the manager on the phone, and he said they had no record of my even bringing the car to be painted, but he would check it out and call me back.
Of course, he didn't, so when I called again, he promised it would be ready in 3 more days.
Eventually this brings us to this week. I called Monday and they said it was being painted at that time, and that I could pick it up Tuesday. Tuesday at noon I called and was told I could pick it up at 5:30. I made the trip (35 miles) and arrived at 5:00.
I was greeted very nicely and told they would check on my car. After about 10 minutes I was told that they had not painted it until that morning, and it really wasn't quite dry, but I could take it. I went into the back and a man was removing masking tape from it. He said, "I guess you can take it if you want to, but the first bug you hit will stick to it, and I'm can't put the decals and pinstripe on yet because it's not dry".
I told him I certainly didn't want to pick the car up until it was finished, but why couldn't they have called and saved me the trip. He replied "Hey I'm only a grunt who works in the back". By this time the girl who had already lied to me on at least 5 occasions had disappeared. The manager was not there. So I left.
I am now preparing to call and talk to the manager and ask him if there is any way I can get my car today. After I get it my next call will be to the Better Business Bureau.
We have been without the car for 4 weeks when we were promised 4 days. It's really amazing how many of today's businesses are so mismanaged. This place must have 20 more cars waiting to be painted.
DonM

#170549 - 03/06/02 09:01 AM Re: The height of arrogance. . The PSR 2000 saga continues..
Bluezplayer Offline

Suddenly, after enough squeaky wheel gets the grease thing... I get a message saying that my board is being worked on today and may be back in the store by tomorrow.. hmmmmmm. Well, not going to question it any more. The bottom line is .. it looks like I'll have it back by Saturday.

Man, what a drag Don. 4 days turns into 4 weeks ? I understand how frustrating that must be for you. Yep, so many businesses ARE mismanaged. It's amazing that some of them survive as long as they do.

Korg AJ

#170550 - 03/06/02 09:38 AM Re: The height of arrogance. . The PSR 2000 saga continues..
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
This is all made possible by our lawyer buddies who make it extremely difficult to take any actions against incompetence. The owners are all victims of something or other and all you end up doing is wasting your money trying to go after what is rightfully yours. The only real way to fight things today is simply not give them your business and encourage others to stay away. Or, start a business of your own and blow them out of the water!!!! Keep your heads up...things will get better....By the way Don, your check hasn't cleared yet right? Gee, perhaps it will take 4 weeks to straighten out your check book....

#170551 - 03/06/02 11:24 AM Re: The height of arrogance. . The PSR 2000 saga continues..
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I just got the car. It looks o.k. I put it on a credit card in case I want to dispute anything. There was no word of apology or even "Thank You".
Don

#170552 - 03/06/02 11:59 AM Re: The height of arrogance. . The PSR 2000 saga continues..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Korg AJ...
I have been following your saga and, because I have been there myself, really feeling your anguish. After experiencing years of racing around trying to get repairs in time for a gig, I found an authorized Yamaha service guy who used to be a performer. I try to give him as much time as possible, but there have been one or two instances when I needed something done THAT DAY. His empathy for my situation got it done...and I compensated him for his extra effort. It is a 120 mile round trip to and from his shop, but when you are in a bind, you do what you have to do. I sincerely hope you get your KB back in time for the Saturday gig. Please let us know.

Eddie

#170553 - 03/06/02 12:28 PM Re: The height of arrogance. . The PSR 2000 saga continues..
Bluezplayer Offline

Now if we were talking that day..maybe even that WEEK.. I'd not only drive to NJ where the repair shop is ( about a 160 mile round trip ), I'd gladly compensate the tech who would do that. That's a SMART business decison in my estimation. Man, I wish I had had tried to do that Eddie. I don't know if it would have worked, but maybe dealing directly with the tech would have helped expedite the situation, although I tried that with my 740 and it didn't seem to help ( another story entirely though.. parts on backorder from Yamaha Japan.. that had I known better I could have bought at my local Radio Shack and fixed myself ) what a mess THAT was. . I'm not sure in this case, but it might have been worth a try. Besides, the trip to the music store itself is about 100 miles round trip and then they had to transport the thing to Jersey, and I bet that didn't happen the same day. Thanks Eddie.. I'll keep you posted.

Korg AJ

#170554 - 03/06/02 12:33 PM Re: The height of arrogance. . The PSR 2000 saga continues..
Bluezplayer Offline

Don,

I bet I don't get a very nice response or letter of apology either....LOL.. Glad to hear that the car is finally coming back to you though.

Korg AJ

#170555 - 03/07/02 09:19 AM Re: The height of arrogance. . The PSR 2000 saga continues..
Bluezplayer Offline

Well, they finally put my 2000 on the bench today..and then told me they have to order a part.. no chance of getting it back in time for saturday's gig. They told me MAYBE they'll have the part next week. I can't print here the rest of what I wanna say...

Korg AJ

#170556 - 03/07/02 09:35 AM Re: The height of arrogance. . The PSR 2000 saga continues..
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
Well, they finally put my 2000 on the bench today..and then told me they have to order a part.. no chance of getting it back in time for saturday's gig. They told me MAYBE they'll have the part next week. I can't print here the rest of what I wanna say...

That really SUCKS big time !

I can only HOPE that Yamaha is reading this thread and will step in to help you out in some way. At this point, Yamaha could certainly use a dose of good PR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online