SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#170509 - 06/07/02 05:52 AM New PSR 2000 Owner - Need help!
Sergio Coppola Offline

Loc: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Hi everyone.

I just purchased a Yamaha PSR2000. I checked the OS version and it came with version 1.10 not the 1.20. It was the only one the store had left.

So far I like the board a lot. The sounds are great! I know I will have a lot of fun with this board and learning to use it.

I have one problem though. When I first hooked it up and turned it on. The Yamaha logo got "stuck" and nothing else came on. I turned it back off and the on and it came back ok. I then turned it off and on several times yesterday and it was fine. This morning, it did it again. I had to turn it off and on once to get it to "boot". Has anyone else run into this. Is no biggie but I wonder if it is just an occasional hicup or I should return it.

The second thing that I haven't been able to do is to "store" my pedal preferences into a Registration. I have 2 Pedals, one for sustain and the other for pitch control. Both are negative polarity. When I turn off the PSR, I lose the configuaration. I tried using the Registrations but I must be doing something wrong because it doesn't save the pedal settings.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Sergio.

#170510 - 06/07/02 06:55 AM Re: New PSR 2000 Owner - Need help!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Sergio,

I recommend that you return your KB immediately. My PSR2000 never hung up on boot up the ways yours does, and I have the same OS 1.10 version as you.

In order for the pedal settings to be saved, the Registration Memory Content's 'Pedal' checkbox must checked (activated). Press the 'memory' button on the PSR2000 to access this window. Please let us know if this was the problem.

- Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#170511 - 06/07/02 12:36 PM Re: New PSR 2000 Owner - Need help!
Sergio Coppola Offline

Thanks for you advice. I just tried turning it on now and it says.."Unexpected error! Turn the power off and on again. hisysdwn.c/133/8c0b612A"

I turned it off and then on and it came back ok.

I just called the store. This was the last one they had. They may need to special order me one.

With regards with the pedal setting. The box was checked. It seems that doesn't matter what I do, when I book the system up, all settings are erased and the registrations don't keep their settings.

I am so bumbed out! After weeks of reading posts here about the the 2000 and doing reserach on the net. I was looking forward to getting mine and now this!

Thanks for your help.

Sergio.

#170512 - 06/07/02 01:09 PM Re: New PSR 2000 Owner - Need help!
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Sergio,
I agree with Scott, "take it back" I also have a PSR2000 with the same OS as yours and , so far I have not had any "boot-problems". It realy is a shame that "quality control" seems to be in another department when there making the "Y2K".
But If the store where you bought it can get you a new one that works , I do think you`ll have alot of fun and enjoyment with the 2000. It has great sound and fantastic features for the price. My big complaint is that the "keys have a toy-like feel" other than that , I`m happy. At least for now
O-BTW ,Welcome to our family and "Our corner of the web"
jedi

#170513 - 06/07/02 03:32 PM Re: New PSR 2000 Owner - Need help!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
In order to save the registrations, you must also save the registration BANK. I'm leaving now, but you can find instructions as to exactly how to do this on other threads, or on Joe's page.
(Somebody please post the address. Thanks,)
DonM

#170514 - 06/07/02 08:57 PM Re: New PSR 2000 Owner - Need help!
jedi Offline

Hi,
I`d be happy to do that, link as follows>
http://pages.prodigy.net/watersj/Yamaha2K/index.html

jedi

#170515 - 06/07/02 09:16 PM Re: New PSR 2000 Owner - Need help!
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Sergio

I have to agree with the others. You should take that PSR2000 back and trade it for another. That keyboard sounds like it has a BIG problem.

Also, Don & jedi are right. I'll bet you forgot to actually save your Registration bank. Saving the Registration is not the same as saving the bank. You have to do both.

Tom G.

#170516 - 06/08/02 12:05 AM Re: New PSR 2000 Owner - Need help!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Sometimes my wife is hard to turn on too. Reckon I could trade her for a new one. Naw, I'm sure the warranty is out. Lately she wants to have sex in the back seat of our car. Problem is she wants me drive.
How many men does it take to open a can of beer?? Give up? None, it should be open when she brings it.
Sorry guys, just trying to unwind after the job.
DonM

#170517 - 06/08/02 12:20 AM Re: New PSR 2000 Owner - Need help!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
How many drummers does it take???

NONE ! They have machines for that now.

#170518 - 06/10/02 05:43 AM Re: New PSR 2000 Owner - Need help!
Sergio Coppola Offline

Thanks to all for your responses! You guys are great!

I talked to the store. I should be getting a new board sometime this week. In the mean time, I continue to play with this one. The on-off issue has gotten worse. I keep getting this errors about some routine that didn't execute and to turn off and back on again. It seems that the program has built in checks. You can see the names of the different programming modules every time it fails to boot. Interesting!

I was able to save my pedal settings. It took me a while to understand that each registration holds more than one "memory" or "file", so I was saving the registration but with no file. It was kind of confusing at first.

The sounds on this thing are awsome! It makes up for my mediocre playing techniques! :-) I can see myslef playing, making songs and just experimenting with this thing for a long time!

Thanks again for your help...now I wait for my replacement PSR2000. I hope it comes with OS 1.20.

Thanks,

Sergio.

#170519 - 06/10/02 07:27 AM Re: New PSR 2000 Owner - Need help!
jedi Offline

Hi Sergio,
Great news, and please let us know what the OS is and how it works , Thanks
Best of luck !!
jedi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online