#170264 - 03/19/06 11:56 PM Re: Free G70 Styles
Wis Offline

I think there is no problem at all.
Commercial styles are more complete with
Intro's, Endings and Fills. They are more
accurate and exact than homemadestyles.
But K.Boarder I understand what you tried to
explain , it is not so easy to write in a
language that is not your first language.
Mart Weeho and other amateur stylemakers do
me a great favour with their styles, but I am a client of commercial stylemakers too.

#170265 - 03/23/06 07:36 AM Re: Free G70 Styles
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
This thread brings up an old rant of mine...why in the world is Roland so darn stingy in producing new styles for us? I'd like to know their philosophy on this.
Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#170266 - 03/23/06 09:05 AM Re: Free G70 Styles
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tim , there are around 1,700 Roland styles[not conversions] available...
Roland revamps or creates styles for each new model as needed..I don't think it is necessary for the primary company[Roland, yamaha etc.] to create styles other than what they intend to use in a current model..

There are third party companies doing this, and with conversion software...we already have more then we can possibly use...My library is approaching 20,000 styles..

Besides , Roland gives you the tools with the high end keyboards, to create / modify the onboard styles...As an example , the G70 can modify styles with "song/style tools"..

Tim, even your KR7, can alter styles with in the board itself...It is like the VA7 in this area...Right?

#170267 - 03/23/06 09:53 AM Re: Free G70 Styles
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Fran,
That's true. The KR7 allows you to manipulate the internal styles and save them to User. I'm more interested in FRESH styles that have no resemblance to the internal styles but are of the same or better quality than the internal styles. Some of Roland's older styles sound dated because they were mechanically produced rather than played 'live' via V-drums and V-guitars. Am I just spoiled?

Fran, I especially am enjoying the G-70 styles you sent me some time ago. Most of them are excellent. (A few don't translate to my KR7 very well because of the advanced G-70 sound engine and parts) If you have any other styles you think I would enjoy, please send them my way. I especially like the acoustic jazz styles.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online