SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#170052 - 09/20/04 02:17 PM Tyros vs Korg
TresorTX Offline

Loc: Dallas, Boston, Orlando
I have been lurking in the background reading this forum for a while. I am a newbie owner of a PSR-2000. This forum has been such an excellent and fun place to go for information. I'm wanting to be able to do some small private party gig's and maybe someday a wedding. I want learn to create sequences with Cakewalk or some other software??? but I am completely overwhelmed by all of this new technology, but i'm still having fun. By the way, which sequencing software would you all recommend?

Although I haven't even broken-in my PSR2000, I am already looking at getting a PA1xPro. I have only heard the PA80 in the music store, and although limited in its functionality and flexibility, I am drawn by the realism and quality of it's sound. Frankly, I sit at the Tyros, and although some of the sounds and styles are very good, IMO it's hard not sounding like a canned entertainment box. With the Korg, I find that the dynamics of the drums and the more symplistic yet rich styles, again IMHO offer a new level of quality and realism that doesn't sound as canned as the Yamaha. I dont know where I could go to try out a PA1xPro. The Local GC stores in Boston and Dallas where I live say they will not stock any demo machines. Where does one go to touch and feel before dropping $3,500? For you veterans, how do you think the new Roland Arranger will compare to the KORG PA1x and Tyros?

PSR S900
Korg PA1XPRO
Kurzweil PC3X
Logitech Z

#170053 - 09/20/04 04:43 PM Re: Tyros vs Korg
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Try Powertracks Pro. It's very complete and very inexpensive.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online