SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#169761 - 01/30/07 01:45 PM New USB Drivers for Windows Vista/XP/2000 (32/64bit)
Dnj Offline

I saw this on the PK owner site. http://www.yamahapkowner.com/index.php

http://www.global.yamaha.com/download/usb_midi/index.html

"The new operating system by Microsoft Windows Vista may have only been released today, but Yamaha have already stepped up to the challenge as they today release drivers for Windows Vista in both 32bit and 64bit versions.

Version 2.2.0 has been released for Windows 2000 and Windows XP. [USB-MIDI Driver for Windows(R) XP/2000].

Version 3.0.0 has been released for Windows Vista and XP, Vista for the 32bit/64bit versions of Windows Vista and the 64bit only version of Windows XP. [USB-MIDI Driver for Windows(R) Vista/XP(x64 Edition)]

Changes in Version 2.2.0 include:

- The model name is now shown as a MIDI Port name by default. If you want to use the
conventional Port name, open the Control Panel of the USB-MIDI Driver, remove the
checkmark of “Use Device Name As PortName,” and then restart the computer.
- The store system of the Patch setup has been revised, meaning that the Patch setup
made in the previous version cannot be used. Make the Patch setup again in this new
version.
- The problem in which the application didn’t respond or was forced to close when
logging on Windows with a limited (non-administrator) account has been corrected.
- Other miscellaneous minor problems have been corrected."

#169762 - 01/30/07 04:43 PM Re: New USB Drivers for Windows Vista/XP/2000 (32/64bit)
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks Donny, I'm upgrading my laptop to Vista right now. I expect that a number of programs will not work. I know for sure that the USB connectivity to the Music Pad Pro will not work. I spoke to the folks at Freehand and they did say this 3rd party driver would not work with Vista. Everything in the laptop is already backed up to an external hard drive. Worse case is that I'll have to strip the drive and reinstall XP if I'm not happy with the install, then move Vista to my wife's laptop.

#169763 - 01/30/07 04:50 PM Re: New USB Drivers for Windows Vista/XP/2000 (32/64bit)
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
Donny:

Thank you.

A very useful link...

Regards,

Michael

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online