SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#169630 - 02/12/03 09:36 PM Tyros Question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Would one of you Tyros owners please check to see if the Karaoke Girl and Squeaky Mouse settings in the vocal harmonizer work correctly? They should be single voices and the main vocal should not be heard. This was a mistake on the 2000, as it failed to take the main voice out. All other PSRs have done it correctly.
I forgot to check this on the Tyros I tried, and now there are none in stock here.
Thanks in advance,
DonM

#169631 - 02/13/03 02:08 AM Re: Tyros Question
trtjazz Offline

Don,
I have tried these and the live voice cannot be heard, only the harmonized one.

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#169632 - 02/13/03 07:18 AM Re: Tyros Question
DonM Offline

Thanks Terry,
I use these settings a lot for comedy and for a particular song. The 2000 doesn't work right, and, while they did give me a work-around, Yamaha refuses to admit that there's anything wrong with it. Of course the reason is that the unit cannot be updated via software AS ADVERTISED.
I still get mad when I think about it. It has kept from buying another Yamaha so far.
DonM

#169633 - 02/13/03 08:35 AM Re: Tyros Question
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I know that really has to get to you Don.. I don't know what's going on with Yamaha.. The only boards they seem to want to truly support, are the Tyros, Motif, and higher end boards... They seemed to be doing ok with the PSR-9000, but they totally screwed everyone with the 2000 by dropping the upgradable OS option. Ohhh we could go on for hours about the crappy support from Yamaha with some of their products, but what's the point really.. Yammie has people checking this site.. They know our concerns.. They know that there is a HUGE number of professionals out there that use keyboards like the PSR-2000 for performing constantly, yet they fail to provide the true support these keyboards need..

Squeak

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#169634 - 02/13/03 08:43 AM Re: Tyros Question
DonM Offline

The Yamaha USA people are great, and they do their absolute best to try to help us. However, they seem to be completely at the mercy of the Japanese. I feel they are often left in the dark.
DonM

#169635 - 02/13/03 01:31 PM Re: Tyros Question
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
AAAAAhhhhhhhhh,

Don is asking about the Tyros..... MMMMMhhhhh,

Let's wait and see....

(Don you are getting sleepy... You want a Tyros, you want a Tyros, You want a Tyros....)

Eric

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online